• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Tokyo Olympic Games 2021

2-1 up, back to 2-2, extra time .. miss a pen now the Aussies 4-2 up. We really do seem to have a mental block when it comes to major games in major tournaments whether men’s or women’s teams.

Without a doubt Bethany Shriever's gold in the BMX is my most favourite GB medal so far. Seems she had to crowd fund £50k and take a part time teaching assistant's job to get to Tokyo. That is dedication. I just wonder whether any of the Yank or Chinese teams would have had to follow that route to get to the Olympics?

She's had a good career but I think Houghton might retire from international football after that, she looked well off the pace

My mate is head of GB Boxing and I spoke with him last night. Their target is 3-5 of any colour but they should get more.
I think they will easily get past 5! Dubois and Clarke will get medals.

Without a doubt Bethany Shriever's gold in the BMX is my most favourite GB medal so far. Seems she had to crowd fund £50k and take a part time teaching assistant's job to get to Tokyo. That is dedication. I just wonder whether any of the Yank or Chinese teams would have had to follow that route to get to the Olympics?

The Chinese definitely not. They take their kids out of school and train them day in day out until they either make it don't. If they don't make it then the State will look after them, which is the least they can do given that they then have nothing, not even an education.

If the BBC coverage was a football fan it would have been a Liverpool fan in the 80s, a Man U fan in the 90s etc

It's all very gloryhunting, switching around between whatever obscure event the Brit has the best chance of a medal in. There's no following a sport all the way through.

If the BBC coverage was a football fan it would have been a Liverpool fan in the 80s, a Man U fan in the 90s etc

It's all very gloryhunting, switching around between whatever obscure event the Brit has the best chance of a medal in. There's no following a sport all the way through.

I was struck by the amount of Olympics coverage when I tuned into BBC's lunchtime news earlier today.Not what I call news at all.

I’ve watched Eurosport and the coverage has been good, plus you can pick & choose using the red button what to watch. I can’t stick that Dan Walker bloke on BBC.

This has been the worst year for BBC coverage. Normally it’s pretty decent.
Sure it has been said already, but its down to Discovery+ paying a huge sum for the rights and therefore bbc have been only able to show 2 sports at once based on the rights package they have

I am really enjoying these games and have to say the BMX this morning had me on the edge of my seat

The mixed triathlon was an incredible effort by Team GB! Absolutely smashed it and over the moon for Jonny Brownlee finally getting that gold medal.

Dina Asher Smith sadly missed out on the 100m final, suspected hamstring problem meant she finished 3rd in her semi. Daryll Neita is through, just. Well done Daryll.

Asher Smith has now pulled out of the 200m because of the injury. The BBC interviewed her shortly afterwards and at one point she broke down in tears. What do the BBC do? yep, keep the camera on her crying hard waiting for their interview to continue. Classy BBC, very classy!

Dina Asher Smith sadly missed out on the 100m final, suspected hamstring problem meant she finished 3rd in her semi. Daryll Neita is through, just. Well done Daryll.
Neita finished last in her first ever major championship final, but the Jamaicans cleaned up with gold, silver and bronze including an Olympic record for Thompson-Herah. The experience will be good for Daryll.

Back