• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pubey

Just got back from an exciting game... however we could still be playing and I doubt we would have scored, it was one of those days where both teams could have had 3 or 4 goals. Praise must be give for Derby who defended well and were it not for some woeful shooting and good saves from Flavs could have seen the match out in the first half.

Blues defended well but still lacked a cutting edge up front, Freddy was effective when given the ball but this was rare, and Bradbury found his gameplan stiffled by a strong Derby defence. Most of our threats came from midfield, especially JCR and Macca who both played well and had a number of chances...

Ratings:

Flavs - 7.5 - Excellent shotstopping, and no chance with the goal but drops 0.5 for poor distribution

Hammell - 8 - rock solid, great in the air and little got past him

Barrett - 7.5 - solid but was no where for the goal, helped in attack during the 2nd half

Clarke - 7.5 - caught out once in the 2nd half but was excellent in the air, only problem is when being run at with pace

Hunt - 7 - defended well and was switched on, but little support in attack and meant our attacks often came from the left hand side

Gower - 6 - quiet game and whilst defended well, no real supply or decent chances to note

Macca - 8 - Storming game, kept going to the death and whilst sometimes caught on the break, drove into the Derby defence and could have nicked a goal

Maher - 5.5 - Poorest game I have seen from him in a while, service and passing was dreadful

JCR - 8 MOTM - Top game from him, caused them a great deal of problems and could have scored in the first half... service was there and was more effective on the left wing

Bradbury - 6 - poor game as he was given no chance by Moore, no goal threat

Freddy - 6.5 - no service meant he couldn't get into the game, had a good chance saved and went close with 2 freekicks

Hooper - 6 - not really with it

Harrold - 6 - didn't really have much time to make an impact

Our lack of goals is still a worry, Freddy goes another game without a goal and our subs bench would scare Brentford, let alone Birmingham so come one Tilly, lets hope you have something up your sleeve because we through everything at Derby today but we still didn't look like goals would come

Agree with all of that, and am pleased that you picked out the same 3 players for praise I did

Did you see what happened with the ref and the Derby management team? Did he send someone off?

Can I just ask why AB get's a 7.5, especially in view of your comment ? No arguments with the rest of the ratings. As for Derby I was very impressed with their left back. Got a deserved early booking but after that was rock solid. A good, well organised team but not the best we've seen.

On another day it could have been 3-3.

Agree with most, Bradders got nothing out of the Centre Back and didnt look like he was going to. Shame Tilly didnt make the change earlier as Harrold caused him a couple of problems, and on two occassions Moore blatantly pulled Harrold back by his shirt which is normally a sign the defender is struggling.
Both were in the box and both in front of the ref but he didnt appear to see them.

Can I just ask why AB get's a 7.5, especially in view of your comment ? No arguments with the rest of the ratings. As for Derby I was very impressed with their left back. Got a deserved early booking but after that was rock solid. A good, well organised team but not the best we've seen.

On another day it could have been 3-3.

because he was very useful going forward.. solid at the back and distributed the ball well.. loses 0.5 (along with clarke) because the header for the goal came from the middle of the box, which is their job to protect

agree with all your ratings and fair comments. I think today was just one of those days when we were never going to score - why do we never seem to get the bit of luck like the rebound off Clarke or a late bundled goal as per Barnsley in the home cup game ?

Once again this season the ref started ok but got worse as the game went on. Some of his decisions against both sides were bizarre & how he missed the two shirt tugs on Harold I'll never know.

We need to play as per the second half for the rest of the season but I believ we can survive and Fred will come good! We've never replaced the 20+ goals that Gray & Goat got us last season & this has put so much pressure on Fred that it's showing - plus he's marked out of every game now.

never really felt that we had a decent penalty shout, was a distance away but didn't think harrold was pulled down. However it is true we never really replace gray or goater and now we lack a proper goal threat from our strike force. freddy can't cope with being double marked which adds to the arguement that we need a top draw striker to take the pressure off him

about the hayes rumours, was chatting to my mate tonight in mayhem and he played with hayes for essex schoolboys and isn't suprised to see he is doing well

Back