• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Don't forget AD Alcorcon ;) they beat Real Madrid 4-0 in 2009 and come close to win promotion to La Liga!

Mapfre undertake quite a bit of sponsorship of moto gp bikes ........... that has got nothing to do with this thread ....... but there you go ............

:thump:

On the contrary, it must mean we're looking to take over the Essex Hammers aswell. Maybe so that we can loan them some of our youth team.

Oh this year we're off to sunny spain,
E viva El Luggy,
We're taking an Easy jet Airplane,
E viva El Luggy,

Sing along folks!!:bomber:

I feel like I want to shoot this "wee Birdie" for coming on here and tickling our balls

More like a "wee Birdie" tells me BLAH BLAH BLAH :zzzzz:

"The club has to confirm all these points before making it public so that fans dont book and then find tour is cancelled the gaffer is almost 100% certain that on monday at latest tuesday there will be press conference."

Still plenty of time.

There's normally mutterings from Chris Phillips at least about things like this. If nothing is heard of tomorrow then I'd be annoyed and worried.

I'm sure I read CP admitting that he does know where the tour is to take place, but has been sworn to secrecy. I'm thinking that he got in such trouble over Tomlingate that he's saying nowt to be on the safe side - not even his usual teasers, so I hope that this isn't a reason for concern.

I rather wait until they confirm where the tour will be, before we can plan booking to go and watch Southend in another part of Europe - be nice if Southend play in Poland and against my another team Legia Warsaw ;)

Where will this press conference be? I picture Luggy with about 10 microphones set up in front of him, cameras clicking away...in the Roots Hall car park. Maybe he wants to unveil Phil Smith, Freddy and Matt Lockwood at the same time so is waiting.

I imagine Sturrock in a windowless bland office with a bottle of whisky in a draw, one reporter with a recorder and 2 dirty (and chipped) mugs ..... or was that Brian Clough at Leeds (spit) United ........

Whilst I can fully understand the frustration of people on here, concerning the delay in transmitting information on the Tour, I don't really know what the club can do, if details have not yet been finalised. i don't quite know what purpose it serves trying to put pressure on, as if the club and Luggy have all the info and are just refusing to divulge it and moaning will speed up the proccess. I can't help but thinking that this may be one of the instances when the club should have just shut up and promised only that details will be provided as soon as it is possible to do so.

Whilst I can fully understand the frustration of people on here, concerning the delay in transmitting information on the Tour, I don't really know what the club can do, if details have not yet been finalised. i don't quite know what purpose it serves trying to put pressure on, as if the club and Luggy have all the info and are just refusing to divulge it and moaning will speed up the proccess. I can't help but thinking that this may be one of the instances when the club should have just shut up and promised only that details will be provided as soon as it is possible to do so.

I take your point, but for me the early release of information was really useful. It's hard to get time off work at the best of times, let alone at short notice so the early warning let me do this on the offchance they're playing somewhere I can get to. Also allows the opportunity to save some funds, and I can't attend the tour for some reason, I still have a weeks leave and some cash to spend as a result. Still praying for Barcelona though! :-)

Arrange it a year in advance like every other club

Back