• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The training ground is coming along nicely!!!!

So what's the situation with the training ground gym? Do the new temporary units contain a gym or can we use the existing one at B&L? If not, it would mean using a gym that we might need to pay for.

there is a thread on the finance side about the training ground and I alluded to it a few times ‘that all was not well’ however pretty much widely ignored or humoured … you do realise we are borrowing water from the farm next door as con Martin never paid for all the works ( you know the works that had a separate budget) hence why the pitches are all but ****ed now … no water or power has been connected and as we only have one Lws mower that ancient old thing that does roots hall . The pitches still have a very long way to go ( but remember folks it was KM who didn’t want to train their mid season ) anyway this **** ( Martin) will soon be dead to us all … let’s not fall down the trap of thanking him or appreciating him once he is gone … he is a cretin

there is a thread on the finance side about the training ground and I alluded to it a few times ‘that all was not well’ however pretty much widely ignored or humoured … you do realise we are borrowing water from the farm next door as con Martin never paid for all the works ( you know the works that had a separate budget) hence why the pitches are all but ****ed now … no water or power has been connected and as we only have one Lws mower that ancient old thing that does roots hall . The pitches still have a very long way to go ( but remember folks it was KM who didn’t want to train their mid season ) anyway this **** ( Martin) will soon be dead to us all … let’s not fall down the trap of thanking him or appreciating him once he is gone … he is a cretin
Christ on a bike. There will be a lot of dirt that comes out once he's gone.

Used to be beginning of July when we were in the EFL? NL season starts a week? later so wasn’t preseason started also a week later?
I would imagine a couple weeks to install and we would be fine.

EDIT: last season first day back training was 29th June…. So a week to drop in.
If Ron’s plans are taken forward a week should be more than enough - I bet the farm that he was only planning on moving the existing temp buildings from the old training ground to the new!

Are the pitches salvageable? If not, why would the new buyers want to purchase them? Doesn't bode well.

When you say borrowing water - what do you mean - have we got to give it back? Or are we buying water from them or stealing it?

And where should the electric have been connected to - we haven't got any buildings there yet - are there floodlights?

When you say borrowing water - what do you mean - have we got to give it back? Or are we buying water from them or stealing it?

And where should the electric have been connected to - we haven't got any buildings there yet - are there floodlights?
Ok Matt what happens is this .. when you supply something with power it doesn’t physically have to come from a plug, within a built building, I know you are trying to be smart with me .. you’re suggesting that because nothings built there, there couldn’t possibly be infrastructure of power installed .. as for water ok ok we are not borrowing it, we are having to buy it from the farmer because we have no infringement for supply installed …

Ok Matt what happens is this .. when you supply something with power it doesn’t physically have to come from a plug, within a built building, I know you are trying to be smart with me .. you’re suggesting that because nothings built there, there couldn’t possibly be infrastructure of power installed .. as for water ok ok we are not borrowing it, we are having to buy it from the farmer because we have no infringement for supply installed …
Not trying to be clever at all - just wondering what needed power over there at the moment?

And not sure what the sentence means infringement for supply?

Not trying to be clever at all - just wondering what needed power over there at the moment?

And not sure what the sentence means infringement for supply?

Sorry Mr. Brown's Ghost but I don't understand either.

Could you have another crack at it for us?

Where do you get this nonsense from? The pitches are fine and coming along nicely. Obviously look better when the grass is more mature and ready for the proper length cut. They are being watered as well. Boots&Laces has it's own lawn/gardening machines and equipment, which will transfer over to the new training ground. Also I was told the first few mowings will be done by the firm that made the pitches, until time to hand over to Southend's groundsmen. That last bit could change if money is outstanding. In which case they may stop maintaining them, with Southend's groundsmen taking over early.

The Whitehorse guy I spoke to said the irrigation is run by a diesel generator, presumably the white box shaped thing near the water tank. If the groundstaff need updated machinery then the new regime will no doubt deal although I see no evidence that the current training ground is not well maintained so the groundstaff must have the equipment already.

There is clearly a portable generator visible in the pictures posted last week along with water storage tanks for irrigation.

Given the early stage of the project having the tanks refilled by the farmer makes sense as it doesn't need to be potable water, if a non-pot supply isn't readily available I'd expect this to be normal practice.

As for electrical power a new DNO connection will be required the size of which will need to be large enough for the permanent training ground and therefore part of that phase of the project so portable power will be fine for now.

Back