• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The training ground is coming along nicely!!!!

Where do you get this nonsense from? The pitches are fine and coming along nicely. Obviously look better when the grass is more mature and ready for the proper length cut. They are being watered as well. Boots&Laces has it's own lawn/gardening machines and equipment, which will transfer over to the new training ground. Also I was told the first few mowings will be done by the firm that made the pitches, until time to hand over to Southend's groundsmen. That last bit could change if money is outstanding. In which case they may stop maintaining them, with Southend's groundsmen taking over early.
you mean the same nonsense that MBG has been bang on about regarding the takeover?.

The way some of you react on here when someone out of the click shares information is pretty nasty. And you wonder why people who do know their eggs just don't bother due to being aggressively judged.

Blimey, if you call that nasty and aggressively judged. That's nothing compared with other posts on here. I'm in no click on here. Apart from the older Leigh guys, I hardly know anyone on here in real life. I even got a post from me deleted this week by a mod. As for in the know, I get stick when sharing things, so I agree with you on that one. The last one was when I said Cav Miley had not handed in his notice.

Blimey, if you call that nasty and aggressively judged. That's nothing compared with other posts on here. I'm in no click on here. Apart from the older Leigh guys, I hardly know anyone on here in real life. I even got a post from me deleted this week by a mod. As for in the know, I get stick when sharing things, so I agree with you on that one. The last one was when I said Cav Miley had not handed in his notice.
I think telling someone they are talking nonsense because maybe the didn't articulate something 100% is a bit wrong surely?.

My 2nd point is MBG has been bang on with his ITK info of late so responses like that will only make him think "you know what, I won't bother" and then we are left to the usual posts of Steve Nash and the like which are just putting a 4th hand rumour out if we are honest.

We have been borrowing/using whatever you want to call it water and electricity from its surroundings because its not quite finished/ paid which sums up mot of our reign under RM. How they have done it we are not exactly sure but seeing as there are many water technicians, farmers, Merger and acquisition leaders, builders, lawyers and experts on here I am sure they can write us all a big risk assessment on how it all works, diagrams and a slide presentation.

Have a good day, be nice to each other and stop calling out the ones on here who actually know what is going on.

Thinking about equipment for the groundstaff weren't Earnest Doe (suppliers of agricultural equipment and big kit lawnmowers etc in Rochford) the top name on the south bank scoreboard when the south bank was enormous. I'm sure someone has a picture but I can't find one.

I think telling someone they are talking nonsense because maybe the didn't articulate something 100% is a bit wrong surely?.

My 2nd point is MBG has been bang on with his ITK info of late so responses like that will only make him think "you know what, I won't bother" and then we are left to the usual posts of Steve Nash and the like which are just putting a 4th hand rumour out if we are honest.

We have been borrowing/using whatever you want to call it water and electricity from its surroundings because its not quite finished/ paid which sums up mot of our reign under RM. How they have done it we are not exactly sure but seeing as there are many water technicians, farmers, Merger and acquisition leaders, builders, lawyers and experts on here I am sure they can write us all a big risk assessment on how it all works, diagrams and a slide presentation.

Have a good day, be nice to each other and stop calling out the ones on here who actually know what is going on.
In fairness that's not how I read it. It seemed to me that TSNB was saying the detail of the post was incorrect and bore no resemblance to the photos that had been posted, or the comments of various other posters. In that instance the nonsense comment seemed completely justified, in my opinion. I personally didn't see it as aggressive in the slightest.

If a poster says this....hence why the pitches are all but ****ed now … no water or power has been connected and as we only have one Lws mower that ancient old thing that does roots hall ..........Am I not entitled to say that's wrong, if it is wrong? If I know the pitches are being maintained and watered. Also, last I knew is that there was a larger sit on mower for Roots Hall, and a smaller sit on one for Boots&Laces. That's quite a statement to say the pitches are all but ****ed up now. Those pitches and the training ground are massive to the future of SUFC, so comments about them are going to be responded to, one way or the other.

If a poster says this....hence why the pitches are all but ****ed now … no water or power has been connected and as we only have one Lws mower that ancient old thing that does roots hall ..........Am I not entitled to say that's wrong, if it is wrong? If I know the pitches are being maintained and watered. Also, last I knew is that there was a larger sit on mower for Roots Hall, and a smaller sit on one for Boots&Laces. That's quite a statement to say the pitches are all but ****ed up now. Those pitches and the training ground are massive to the future of SUFC, so comments about them are going to be responded to, one way or the other.
I think you need to calm down and have a nice cup of tea sir. Maybe a scone too to wash it down with.

MBG bleeds blue if you cut his skin and all this is most upsetting for him and his family so be mindful when accusing him of talking nonsense on a fans forum.

I think you need to calm down and have a nice cup of tea sir. Maybe a scone too to wash it down with.

MBG bleeds blue if you cut his skin and all this is most upsetting for him and his family so be mindful when accusing him of talking nonsense on a fans forum.
That's passive aggressive. I'm extremely calm. And that last bit is going well over the top.

Tell your mate, MBG, we all have been through s*** under RM for the past 5 years, you cannot expect anyone will respond nicely to any negative post, without evidence.

Maybe when takeover is settled down, everybody who bleed blues, will be UNITED for first time in many years.

Tell your mate, MBG, we all have been through s*** under RM for the past 5 years, you cannot expect anyone will respond nicely to any negative post, without evidence.

Maybe when takeover is settled down, everybody who bleed blues, will be UNITED for first time in many years.
I find it hard to believe after all this time that people find the idea of things at the club being so bad that it requires evidence before they could contemplate it.

MBG knows his stuff. When he posts I pay attention. I don’t expect people to divulge their sources. I do judge them on this track record and his holds up. That doesn’t mean I didn’t have questions but more in a trying to better understand sense than in a there’s no truth to his story kind of way.

Amen on that last paragraph though.

Sorry but what does bleeding blue have to do with it? Rest I agree with didn’t seem an aggressive post to me . If we can’t disagree and engage if we think others are what’s the point?

IMG_5698.jpegIMG_5697.jpegIMG_5696.jpeg
Plenty of activity today. Sprinklers have been on, grass is being cut again, there’s some form of tanker at the back (maybe refilling the irrigation) and even a little digger working away next to the access road. I’d definitely say they are not being neglected!

View attachment 26605View attachment 26606View attachment 26607
Plenty of activity today. Sprinklers have been on, grass is being cut again, there’s some form of tanker at the back (maybe refilling the irrigation) and even a little digger working away next to the access road. I’d definitely say they are not being neglected!
I wonder if that has anything to do with the lack of rain at present not given the tanks time to fill.

Back