• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The training ground is coming along nicely!!!!

I wonder if that has anything to do with the lack of rain at present not given the tanks time to fill.

More than likely. I have water harvester under my drive and that is empty, so it is topped up by mains at the mo

I remember back to October / November when i did a tour and the eventual plan is that there would be massive water harvester under the main stadium collecting all of the rain water as well. A pump will then feed this into the "balancing pool" at the training ground as and when required to allow for extraction to water the pitch's and vice versa.

Thats the plan anyways

I remember back to October / November when i did a tour and the eventual plan is that there would be massive water harvester under the main stadium collecting all of the rain water as well. A pump will then feed this into the "balancing pool" at the training ground as and when required to allow for extraction to water the pitch's and vice versa.

Thats the plan anyways
That makes a lot of sense .......... and is good to read.

As a slight step sideways, I must say that I have more than lost patience with the water companies in this country & their attitude towards what I consider to be regular & continued breaking of the law with regard to treatment of sewage.

there is a thread on the finance side about the training ground and I alluded to it a few times ‘that all was not well’ however pretty much widely ignored or humoured … you do realise we are borrowing water from the farm next door as con Martin never paid for all the works ( you know the works that had a separate budget) hence why the pitches are all but ****ed now … no water or power has been connected and as we only have one Lws mower that ancient old thing that does roots hall . The pitches still have a very long way to go ( but remember folks it was KM who didn’t want to train their mid season ) anyway this **** ( Martin) will soon be dead to us all … let’s not fall down the trap of thanking him or appreciating him once he is gone … he is a cretin
genuine question why are the pitches xxxxxed?

I quite understand that photos might make them look great, when the reality is that they might cut up badly when used. Conversely they may look awful but be ok ( everyone think about how dead their grass looked last summer).

Unless people understand the technicalities of a new pitch ( and I don’t) I’m not sure how much value there is in posts that say it ‘looks fine’ and is being attended.
Anyone still cutting their grass short at home and collecting the clippings is technically doing the wrong thing, but they will think the grass looks great ( RHS advise)

I quite understand that photos might make them look great, when the reality is that they might cut up badly when used. Conversely they may look awful but be ok ( everyone think about how dead their grass looked last summer).

Unless people understand the technicalities of a new pitch ( and I don’t) I’m not sure how much value there is in posts that say it ‘looks fine’ and is being attended.
Anyone still cutting their grass short at home and collecting the clippings is technically doing the wrong thing, but they will think the grass looks great ( RHS advise)

I think that Mr Brown's Ghost got the wrong end of the stick - see post no. 157.

I think that Mr Brown's Ghost got the wrong end of the stick - see post no. 157.
Judging by the subsequent photos I think he might be correct in that there is no mains water or mains power at the training ground.

But he seemed to be upset that I asked what should be connected at this stage of the project. I still don't know.

I reiterate what the Whitehorse guy said to me, roots are everything, it's easy to green up. As we cannot see what the roots are doing we can only assume that they are burrowing deep into the sand based pitches and twining around the plastic in the pukka pitch. After all Whitehorse are a leading firm in the construction of sports pitches so what do they know. We've got a video of the construction to show how complex the build was, we've seen the irrigation and drainage pipes being installed. We've seen the attenuation pond being built. Those who went to the trips round had a great and informative talk from the foreman Jamie about the build.
Let's worry about the sale of the club. The training ground is not really something we should worry about.

I reiterate what the Whitehorse guy said to me, roots are everything, it's easy to green up. As we cannot see what the roots are doing we can only assume that they are burrowing deep into the sand based pitches and twining around the plastic in the pukka pitch. After all Whitehorse are a leading firm in the construction of sports pitches so what do they know. We've got a video of the construction to show how complex the build was, we've seen the irrigation and drainage pipes being installed. We've seen the attenuation pond being built. Those who went to the trips round had a great and informative talk from the foreman Jamie about the build.
Let's worry about the sale of the club. The training ground is not really something we should worry about.
You're right, the training ground is not something we should worry about. and the pitches are in really good hands. And when a firm does the foundations, seeding, watering and mowing correct, then the finished result should be really good in a few weeks time. The debate went South because someone said the pitches are f****d, and then was backed up by somebody else when called out on it. But yes, Whitehorse have done a brilliant job so far. The only worry at the moment is the Roots Hall pitch, and I will try and find out later this week how that's going.

In the pictures the car park doesn’t look very big has anybody who’s been over lately seen if it’s large enough for players turning up in there 4x4 to park for training compared to boots & laces?

You're right, the training ground is not something we should worry about. and the pitches are in really good hands. And when a firm does the foundations, seeding, watering and mowing correct, then the finished result should be really good in a few weeks time. The debate went South because someone said the pitches are f****d, and then was backed up by somebody else when called out on it. But yes, Whitehorse have done a brilliant job so far. The only worry at the moment is the Roots Hall pitch, and I will try and find out later this week how that's going.
I know it's only superficial, but the pitch started to look quite good towards the end of the season.

I know it's only superficial, but the pitch started to look quite good towards the end of the season.
Yes, but there were some issues with some bad patches. The last I heard they were debating whether to start again(costly and with no money), or repair the bad patches, which is probably what's happened.

Any one have any up to date photos please especially now the temporary structures have been approved.

Guessing there is no chance of this being ready for when players report on for pre season (if we exist) (without Ron)

Any one have any up to date photos please especially now the temporary structures have been approved.

Guessing there is no chance of this being ready for when players report on for pre season (if we exist) (without Ron)
Planning permission for the temporary buildings is NOT approved - yet. Committee meeting is the 22 june. Officer report recommends approving.

Planning permission for the temporary buildings is NOT approved - yet. Committee meeting is the 22 june. Officer report recommends approving.
Am I missing something as I am sure i saw some buildings up just before the weekend? I was surprised as i drove by but thought we were moving apace and I had issued something

Back