• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bluesmanager

I'm a Barbie Girl
Somewhere where the weather isn't killing me
To save the X number of threads that inevitably crop up every summer, I figure we can just bung them all in here. Saves bandwidth and all that.

So, the first major transfer to note (or one of them) is Giovanni Dos Santos to Tottenham for 8.6m.

I've never seen Gio play in real life, but on Football Manager he's class, so this can only be a good thing for Spurs, Juande Ramos has really pulled off a bargain here I think. Dos Santos is a young, tenacious midfielder with bags of talent, and only has more to give to Spurs. After their complete no-show last year, I think this shows their belief that they can go places in the future (not to mention the fact that one does not go from nice, sunny Barcelona to crummy, rainy North London unless the offer is too good to turn down). On a related note, there's talk of Berbatov leaving the Lane, with Eto'o replacing him. While only a rumour at best right now, if that were to happen, the odds on Spurs getting into Europe at least will almost certainly be slashed.

Cracking signing that for Spurs. I thought Barcelona rated him very highly cause he had just got into the side same time as young Bojan. And I thought those two were there hottest prospects. But fair play to Ramos cracking signing and look forward to seeing him play on MOTD.

Gio Dos Santos is a fantastic prospect, however many of his performances earlier on last season were less than impressive apparently. Perhaps Barca have decided he is not going to fulfill his potential there.

Last edited:
And to add to the transfers, Brazilian striker Jo signs for Manchester City for a club record fee.. I'll admit, I know nothing about this kid, but the facts must mean something here, and the facts say he's scored 44 goals in 77 appearences for CSKA Moscow. At 21 years old, I think new City boss Mark Hughes has stated his intentions with this one. One has to wonder how much he has left in his piggy bank though.

Also, Barcelona have snapped up Dani Alves for £23.5m.. We've all seen Dani in action, we all know he's world class, it was only a matter of time before he got picked up by a big club, it was just a question of which one. It may come as a suprise for some, most of us expected Chelsea to wade in with their checkbook, like certain Portugese managers used to do. But no, the Catalans snuck in under the radar and extracted him from his old spot at Sevilla. Barcelona, like the other big Spainiards, Real and Valencia, have had better luck than the Chelseas of the world, picking up players at times when they might just be able to provide reason for their sometimes exorbitant fees, so hopefully Dani will follow the pattern.

Meanwhile, Arsenal are poised to sign Samir Nasri for £15.8, though as this was reported Monday 23rd, apparently they aren't, or there's a snag somewhere. Speaking on a personal note, I hope this goes through. Nasri may have had a shoddy European Championships, but hey, so did the whole of France, and Samir has the world at his feet, having just turned 21.

On a related note, Emmanuel Adebayor will not be emmigrating to Italy after all. Mind you, for 35million, I can't blame them. Adebayor's good, there's a reason behind his African Footballer of the Year award after all, but still, 35million, bit excessive for my tastes.

In addition, Kevin Keegan's Magpies have swooped in and nabbed Jonas Gutierrez from Real Mallorca for an undisclosed fee. Spider-Man, as he has been nicknamed for the mask he wears when celebrating goals, is the first major signing this summer for Kevin Keegan, and I think we can expect more from him.

Back