• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

the triangle theory and cycles

TMWLT

Banned
what we are seeing at roots hall is the otherside of the triangle, man utd at home was the top of the triangle, and on the left handside it started with the ldv final in 2004 and gradually got to the top, we are gradually slipping down the otherside, what the bottom of the triangle on the righthandside is going to be i do not know, but without a striker, its not looking good.

but every team other than rochdales has cycles of fortune, we have had 3 years of it, and now we have to accept we have graduated to our natural postion which is about midtable div 1, thats where we have been for most of our 100 years, and thats were will be , sure we will have some relegations back to the div2, but we also will have promotions out of that league as well

we just have to hold on, this season and enjoy hopefully some cup runs
i would love to get to wembley in the paint cup against leeds could you
imagine the day out, and a chance to havea go at those northern c,,ts

what we are seeing at roots hall is the otherside of the triangle, man utd at home was the top of the triangle, and on the left handside it started with the ldv final in 2004 and gradually got to the top, we are gradually slipping down the otherside, what the bottom of the triangle on the righthandside is going to be i do not know, but without a striker, its not looking good.

but every team other than rochdales has cycles of fortune, we have had 3 years of it, and now we have to accept we have graduated to our natural postion which is about midtable div 1, thats where we have been for most of our 100 years, and thats were will be , sure we will have some relegations back to the div2, but we also will have promotions out of that league as well

i completely disagree, you are trying to make football completely predictable, which it never is, look at us against man utd, yeovil in the championship, harrold scoring a hattrick (all be it against witham) football isnt predictable and i think it is stupid to try and make it predictable, the reason we all love football so much is that anything can happen at anytime.

i completely disagree, you are trying to make football completely predictable, which it never is, look at us against man utd, yeovil in the championship, harrold scoring a hattrick (all be it against witham) football isnt predictable and i think it is stupid to try and make it predictable, the reason we all love football so much is that anything can happen at anytime.

He is right though, overall all lower league clubs have their day in the sun and then there is the come down. If you look at our history then you see that it has happened to us before and will no doubt happen again. We will one day end up back in League Two and we will probably one day get back into the Championship. And maybe even higher.

I don't think we're on the way down at the moment, in fact with the new ground on the horizon I think we're in a small blip on an otherwise upwards trajectory. But this season is key to that.

There are too many mitigating factors for football to be predictable in that fashion. For instance, I think that when we move into Fossett's Farm and have the financial backing that it brings, we will be an established Championship side within 3 years.

But what about all those infinite parallel universes where we have just been crowned Premiership Champions with the Striker twins Freddy & Teddy Eastwood scoring 30 a piece, (meanwhile poor Colchester slide quietly into Sceptre League Div 6 after their 10th successive relegation)....

All this is saying is that the path to the top isn't straight forward. How do you know that the game against Man U was the peak? All we are doing is taking two steps forward, one backwards. We will not fall as far down as where we have come from, and will therefore be "above" the Man U peak in the near future.

To be fair the size of club we are means League One is our natural level.

Theres no reason why we cant aim for promotion as clubs our size can get to the Championship as has been shown by us, Col U, Luton etc.

To sustain any sort of long term position in the Championship will require the new stadium, if we can get 15-18,000 per game it will give us more options.

Two things though :

1) Lets not judge our whole season on one match we played with ten men.

2) Lets not write us off getting to the Premiership, football is nothing without dreams!

To be fair the size of club we are means League One is our natural level.

Theres no reason why we cant aim for promotion as clubs our size can get to the Championship as has been shown by us, Col U, Luton etc.

To sustain any sort of long term position in the Championship will require the new stadium, if we can get 15-18,000 per game it will give us more options.

Two things though :

1) Lets not judge our whole season on one match we played with ten men.

2) Lets not write us off getting to the Premiership, football is nothing without dreams!

Agreed. Looking at the cases of Reading and Wigan shows that a club's natural 'level' can be improved. This season is an important one though - we need to consolidate comfortably to give ourselves something to build on for seasons ahead.

Agreed. Looking at the cases of Reading and Wigan shows that a club's natural 'level' can be improved. This season is an important one though - we need to consolidate comfortably to give ourselves something to build on for seasons ahead.

Indeed. Don't forget that both of those improved their "natural level" on the back of new stadiums. I see ours as vital if we are to emulate them.

Indeed. Don't forget that both of those improved their "natural level" on the back of new stadiums. I see ours as vital if we are to emulate them.

It was also thanks to their benefactor's (Madjeski and Whelan) huge investment on players too.

Yep we wont have the same springboard but the Stadium will still be a big boost an dwith any luck will move us to the next level.

Wigan 10 years or so ago were getting 1200 average attendances and now get around 18k.

With them the cash injection helped get them to the premiership and the premiership is whats attracting a portion of their crowd, wonder what will happen if and when they get relegated?

Back