• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

J

The Chameleon
Well, it's been a very long time indeed. Not long enough unfortunately, and to my amazement, my SZ account is still active. Thanks Mods. You could have done me a favour and binned it!!

So, I have found something, no. I have found many things in life, that happen on a Saturday afternoon. Southend United, is no longer one of them. It's fantastic.

I am now at the stage, that I genuinely am suprised, everytime there's a home game. As I have completely shut myself off from SUFC, and actually, nearly football as a whole.

What are the crowds like these days? I'm assuming financial troubles are still overhanging your club?

I never thought it was going to be easy leaving SUFC, but I am suprised, and a little frightened how easy it actually was. Something that lasted 21 years of my life, gone, finished, game over.

Now, I haven't read these boards in a helluva long time. I'm assuming there is still the anti-ron's , and those who don't profess to like him, but are willing to criticise him??

Has the AGM been held? If it has, why did it take so long? Have your club not been in breach of anything not having one in time??

I am genuinely interested to see what the answers are, as I have no clue, and no desire to find out myself.

Hopefully, one day - I may discover SUFC again, unlikely. I don't even hate Ron Martin anymore, It was all too much effort and aggrevation (mainly from fellow supporters)

What direction is the club going? I just looked, and you seemed to be mid table (ish) wasn't their promises of play off's this year?

Anyhoooos...

I have discovered happiness, and it definitely isn't SUFC. I would think I am probably not the only one either to have found this new life. In fact, I reckon 3 or 4 thousand others have too.

Ever since you left the game at millwall away 20 mins in to and get the car and park outside the turnstiles and wait for me and sam. You love for football was killed.

Anyway will we see you at Edingburgh for smiffys stag do for the pre season tournament ?

Ever since you left the game at millwall away 20 mins in to and get the car and park outside the turnstiles and wait for me and sam. You love for football was killed.

Anyway will we see you at Edingburgh for smiffys stag do for the pre season tournament ?

It wont happen mate, save your money for crossys birthday maybe?

Well hopefully it does Edingburgh supposed to be a quality night out. As long as crossys birthday dont clash with work i be there

Well, it's been a very long time indeed. Not long enough unfortunately, and to my amazement, my SZ account is still active. Thanks Mods. You could have done me a favour and binned it!!

So, I have found something, no. I have found many things in life, that happen on a Saturday afternoon. Southend United, is no longer one of them. It's fantastic.

I am now at the stage, that I genuinely am suprised, everytime there's a home game. As I have completely shut myself off from SUFC, and actually, nearly football as a whole.

What are the crowds like these days? I'm assuming financial troubles are still overhanging your club?

I never thought it was going to be easy leaving SUFC, but I am suprised, and a little frightened how easy it actually was. Something that lasted 21 years of my life, gone, finished, game over.

Now, I haven't read these boards in a helluva long time. I'm assuming there is still the anti-ron's , and those who don't profess to like him, but are willing to criticise him??

Has the AGM been held? If it has, why did it take so long? Have your club not been in breach of anything not having one in time??

I am genuinely interested to see what the answers are, as I have no clue, and no desire to find out myself.
Hopefully, one day - I may discover SUFC again, unlikely. I don't even hate Ron Martin anymore, It was all too much effort and aggrevation (mainly from fellow supporters)

What direction is the club going? I just looked, and you seemed to be mid table (ish) wasn't their promises of play off's this year?

Anyhoooos...

I have discovered happiness, and it definitely isn't SUFC. I would think I am probably not the only one either to have found this new life. In fact, I reckon 3 or 4 thousand others have too.

Interesting post J.

If you're so unbothered about SUFC, why are you now genuinely interested in our welfare and why do you hopefully feel you'll rediscover us again in the future (albeit unlikely)? If you haven't got much of a clue where we are in the table, it sounds as though you've gone off football itself.

Now that I can relate to. If I do watch a match on the TV, which I frequently do (and it could just as easily be Man Utd v Arsenal or Glentoran v Linfield), I am usually ironing whilst I do it and will also have some small in play bet going on to make it interesting. But I won't change my plans to watch it (apart from the World Cup games last summer in SA I can't remember the last England match I saw) and Match of the Day is something I last saw regularly when Barry Davies was doing the commentating. The only exception is SUFC who I will watch with a passion and get to away matches whenever I can. They have been part of my life for 42 years and I'm not going to stop following them now. In fact, as they are usually the underdog, it makes any victory or success so much sweeter.

The game is rotten to the core at every level, right from the top with the prima donna players on millionaire salaries to the under 7's league parents who hurl abuse at the young referees trying to learn their job. Off the pitch the clubs are run by generally unpopular figures whose aim is to take as much out of the game as they can (Ron is far from unique in this respect) and most supporters are of the opinion that the owners should be cash dispensers with bottomless pits for pockets.

My love affair with football as a sport ended years ago. My love for SUFC however will probably last my whole liife.

The best man sorts the stag do and since I have not annouced it to be Edinburgh then who knows where it will be!

Though Edinburgh is a good shout

J - what do you do on Saturday afternoons now, then?

Me? I'm spending Saturday afternoons with my kids until they're old enough to come to the football.

Back