• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TMWLT

Banned
Sadly I was lounging round the pool in Florida, when the game took place(someone has to) but for various reasons, I spend a lot of my working week in south london, literally 3 minutes from the new den, so it amused me no end to see all the posts on here, of people worried about wearing shirts, buildingthe place up to be some sort of another world.

Firstly 90 percent of millwall fans no longer live in the area, to stand on the corner of the old kent round and ilderton road, after matches, you would be amazed at the amount of traffic turning left down towards sidcup etc.

the ones that are left live in a fairly small area called "The blue" which is just round the corner fro m the ground, comes under the bermondsy rotherhithe area. this is one of the last true working class white areas of south east london. the chavvy kids tend be rewarded with attendance at school with free tickets to millwall games, lewisham council work closely with the club to promote the club, the trouble is most the kids in the lewisham area have no interest in millwall, due to the fact that they are african, east european or the new immigrants south americans(not your image of brazilian beauties) bouncing up and down the old kent road!!! but nasty little chileans or bolivians, most here illegally. As a club millwall would get better attendances if they moved to the borders of london and kent.

the area around the ground is a dreadful area, and when the fans rioted after the last playoff match, it was really funny to see africans coming on to the news and moaning that there cars were set a light, and that they could claim on insurance, as the cars were out of tax and uninsured.

Fo those travelling by train, the fans go staight back to london bridge and then onto destinations further afield. The pubs all around the ground have now become african restaurants ie the infamous canterbury arms, once the unoffical headquarters of the national front(shame!!) is now a ghanian cafe
selling rat(i kid you not!!)

Its not an area that is scary for a football fan, only if you white and its late at nite

sounds about right. I used to live in Rotherhithe about 10 years ago and I could see the area changing even then - an area we avoided every single weekend.

Funnily enough, if it moved to London/Kent borders, they'd have trouble attracting people away from Palace/Charlton who are really aggressively marketing the Kent area, especially Charlton who bus people in!

what makes it worse is that the essex fa, allowed charlton fc to put adverts in our newsletter advertising for groups to visit the valley, something southend dont appear to do

what makes it worse is that the essex fa, allowed charlton fc to put adverts in our newsletter advertising for groups to visit the valley, something southend dont appear to do

Charlton **** me off with this. They come into Essex, Surrey and Sussex offering free coaches etc..Not like they havent got enough people in there own catchment area.

Charlton **** me off with this. They come into Essex, Surrey and Sussex offering free coaches etc..Not like they havent got enough people in there own catchment area.

lets be honest who would want to go and watch charlton...lol

If they want to waste money let them... Essex folk have NO interest in Charlton FC

I think all the larger clubs do this. I live in South Woodham Chelmsford and my son when he was younger went to a Ipswich sponsored Football school in the holidays in the park opposite. The prize for 'star pupi'l was certificate presented before one of their games and two tickets for a match. I felt so sorry for him because he was one of about 40 mainly younger in a long line getting presented to some club offical on the corner touch line.We stuck out the match till half time and then to my relief he said shall we go home?

Sadly I was lounging round the pool in Florida, when the game took place(someone has to) but for various reasons, I spend a lot of my working week in south london, literally 3 minutes from the new den, so it amused me no end to see all the posts on here, of people worried about wearing shirts, buildingthe place up to be some sort of another world.

Firstly 90 percent of millwall fans no longer live in the area, to stand on the corner of the old kent round and ilderton road, after matches, you would be amazed at the amount of traffic turning left down towards sidcup etc.

the ones that are left live in a fairly small area called "The blue" which is just round the corner fro m the ground, comes under the bermondsy rotherhithe area. this is one of the last true working class white areas of south east london. the chavvy kids tend be rewarded with attendance at school with free tickets to millwall games, lewisham council work closely with the club to promote the club, the trouble is most the kids in the lewisham area have no interest in millwall, due to the fact that they are african, east european or the new immigrants south americans(not your image of brazilian beauties) bouncing up and down the old kent road!!! but nasty little chileans or bolivians, most here illegally. As a club millwall would get better attendances if they moved to the borders of london and kent.

the area around the ground is a dreadful area, and when the fans rioted after the last playoff match, it was really funny to see africans coming on to the news and moaning that there cars were set a light, and that they could claim on insurance, as the cars were out of tax and uninsured.

Fo those travelling by train, the fans go staight back to london bridge and then onto destinations further afield. The pubs all around the ground have now become african restaurants ie the infamous canterbury arms, once the unoffical headquarters of the national front(shame!!) is now a ghanian cafe
selling rat(i kid you not!!)

Its not an area that is scary for a football fan, only if you white and its late at nite

There endeth the first lesson..

Dave, I am not sure about nasty Chileans running around London as Chile is the most developed country in South America with a sound stable economy to boot. Bolivia is poor as you can get so maybe you are right on that one or one of two Peruvians.

well they get on my bus in the morning, and they have the chilean flag on the rucksacks, but they look vaguely indian, so I reckon there the filth that got booted out when our dearly departed pinchoet was in charge, certainly the whole complex of south east london is changing, al ot of the africans are moving further out, on a sunday their god buses come piling up the old kent road, and a lot of the shootings are south american related. Sounds nice doesnt it!!!

Would have been better putting this on before the Milwall game not after!

Back