• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Truth

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
I have spent countless thousands, I have spent countless hours travelling, bunking off school, getting out of work and losing relationships over it and after tonight Southend United has literally destroyed me, for the last few months I have been in total denial as to what has been going on, I guess I never really thought it was real. I feel a wave of huge real depression sweep over me, part of me wants to literally cry over it and the other part just feels totally empty. I have seen us lose big games before I have seen the good times and I have seen has have terrible seasons. Nothing can compare to this and I tell you now this hurts this really ****ing hurts. Southend has never dropped out the football league and tonight has shown it’s all over.
Will I be back? Yeah I will but will I ever get this love and passion back?

Some may laugh but they will never understand till it happens to their club

I’m going to bed this is too much, if there is ever a time in my life that I could do with support now is it and I’m sure many others could as well

I feel empty , to the point were I can’t be bothered to debate any more on who’s fault it is we are in this mess, I’ve been in denial as I genuinely thought we’d pull this off but unfortunately non league football is were we will be next season .
Ill watch but I won’t make as many sacrifices as I have done in the past to watch as many games as possible

I have been attending the Hall since I was 8 years old and for those of you that know me that is a considerable few years and I can honestly say hand on heart THIS IS the worse I have ever seen at SUFC even through all the Jobson et al years I never felt like I do tonight but in my view there is only one person to blame here
I am inconsolable

Right now I am literally blocking it from my mind like nothing is happening otherwise I may start crying or smashing things.

We were down ever since Akinde rejected us, it's just been a slow death since then (which will continue thanks to Barrow losing).

The very least I expected was for us to go down tonight with a fight. ****ing embarrassment, we haven’t even looked close to scoring.

This hurts. Total clearout needed and we need a plan for getting out the National League - starting now. Certain players should never wear a Southend shirt again. The most inept team I’ve ever witnessed in the final third.

That’s the last tenner I’m chucking on the fire Ron .. I couldn’t give a **** about the last 3 games .. season is over. I’ll be back next season but gutted doesn’t cover it. Cheers all, signing out....

LS.

An absolute disgrace that a town the size of Southend will not have a football league club! One man is responsible for this, Ron Martin! He needs to be held to account on local radio, the press and any other form of media possible every day until he comes clean.

It is patently obvious he is running this club into the ground and before it disappears entirely he must be forced out somehow. Going non-league is bad enough, but if he is allowed to carry on unchallenged worse is to come. Perhaps some who have doubted this in the past will own up to what is happening in front of their eyes!

I have been attending the Hall since I was 8 years old and for those of you that know me that is a considerable few years and I can honestly say hand on heart THIS IS the worse I have ever seen at SUFC even through all the Jobson et al years I never felt like I do tonight but in my view there is only one person to blame here
I am inconsolable

Didn't realise Roots Hall has been there that long ?

Disgusting the way a club who were a point away from being in the League 1 Play Off just four years ago have been allowed by an absolute ****house of a chairman to just slip into non league with barely a whimper.

The writing was on the wall from the opening game of the season when we lost 4-0 at home to Harrogate.

The fact is that the club had been in terminal decline through mismanagement by Martin in so many ways over so many years but especially the last three. Abysmal recruitment of managers and players has been at the heart of it but also allowing top class back room staff to slip away also has to be severely questioned. You can only **** the taxman a couple of times but they will always get you in the end. We never recovered from being under a transfer embargo for four months and despite the ****show the club has been off the field for so long, if we hadn’t been under embargo I’m sure we would mustered the handful of points needed have stayed up. Who’s fault was it we were under an embargo? Everything comes back and rests on the doorstep of just one man.

Unless there is a massive clear out and rebuild, we will struggle in the National League for sure.

Ron’s ground building dream is now royally ****ed with the team in non league. Why would he even want to stay now? Just sell up and **** off you **** ?

Last edited:
Back