• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The U23s line-ups thread

Southend 5 v Peterborough 2

Kinali 25 Stevens 22, 44
Wabo 32, 82, 87
Pianim 40

Bishop, Howard (Humphreys 85), Curran, Coutts, Clifford, Kinali (Egbri 85), Gard, Pianim (Acquah 70), Batlokwa, Hutchinson, Wabo

Bishop, Howard, Clifford, Klass, Curran, Lennon, Kightly, Batlokwa, Wabo, Hutchinson, McLaughlin.

Subs (from): Bexon, Acquah, Benton, Kinali, Knock, Mitchell-Nelson.

Eren Kinali, Emile Acquah and Miles Mitchell-Nelson come on for Michael Kightly, Stephen McLaughlin and Harry Lennon 58min 0-1

Jon Benton replaces Michael Klass in midfield 70min 0-3

Luton (A) 3-3

Ted Smith, Howard, Curran, Kyprianou, Clifford, Kinali, Batlokwa, Hyam, Hutchinson, Phillips, Ba.

Goals:
Clifford 30
Hutchinson 66
Wabo 67

Luton: Stech, James, Jones, Panter, Byron, McCormack, Peck, Read, LuaLua, Jarvis, Tomlinson (Neufville 76).

How long did Hyam play for?.. I thought SCP's idea was to give him 45 minutes, 60 minutes max.

Lost 6-1 to a strong MK Dons side. Kinali with a goal. Clifford and Curran off in the first half injured, with Acquah and Biler coming on.

#Blues U23s vs MK Dons: Bexon, Humphreys, Clifford, Pianim, Curran, Howard (c), Kinali, Batlokwa, Ba, Hutchinson, Phillips.

Subs: Acquah, Taylor, Dabbs, Mpenga, Biler.

None of the 18s have featured in a 23s game apart from Portsmouth away when the 23s were missing several players due to the Checkatrade game on the same day!

They certainly weren't missing any KEY players from the 18s!!!

SOUTHEND United coach Kevin Maher praised the efforts of his young players - despite them failing to hang on for victory against AFC Wimbledon.

More...

2-2 v Wimbledon

Hutchinson 33, 45

Southend United: Bishop, Howard (Humphreys 46), Clifford, Pianim, Curran, Knock, Kinali, Hutchinson (Klass 46), Ba (Batlokwa 73), Wabo, Phillips

I'm not greatly up on the U23's defence.

Are Clifford and Pianam centre-halves and if so, are either potentially showing 1st team signs yet?

Hutchinson is surely going to be the next breakthrough player, potentially bigger impact than Dru.

Not sure how big he is or if he can play up front? If so, Cox would be a great mentor for the lad..

I'm not greatly up on the U23's defence.

Are Clifford and Pianam centre-halves and if so, are either potentially showing 1st team signs yet?

I believe Clifford is a LB and Pianam is a CB. Curran sounds to be impressing in defence and was loaned out to Braintree, then got injured playing for our u23s, but looks like he is back to full fitness.

MO, Chapperz.

I will get along sometime to see them in action. They are the next generation and I hope that in the not too distant future more of them will be integrated into the 1st team as we progress.

"Blues opened the scoring in the 33rd minute with Hutchinson firing home after great approach play from Norman Wabo."

We have two promising young players here. Given our current position with injuries why not give them a go in a first team match.....?

SOUTHEND United starlet Isaac Hutchinson is hoping for more first team minutes after another impressive showing for the under 23s.

More...

Bournemouth (lost 2-0)

Southend United: Bishop, Howard, Clifford, Klass, Knock, Curran, Kinali (Batlokwa 73), Hutchinson (Pianim 73), Ba (Acquah 59), Wabo, Phillips

Subs not used: Bexon & Mitchell-Nelson

Back