• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The U23s line-ups thread

Checked on Acquah stats the other day. I don't know how up to date Harlow's website is but it said 20 games, 5 goals. Not bad.

Friendly last night at Aveley

Aveley 2 (Akrofi 12, Richardson 54)
Southend 4 (Clifford 28, Acquah 56, Rush 80, Batlowka 83)

Bexon (Seaden 63), Howard (c) (Humphreys 74) , Clifford (Osimeh 74), Pianim, Knock, Mitchell-Nelson (Rush 74), Kinali (Egbri 63), Klass (Stewart 63), Acquah (Ba 63), Wabo (Kelman 74), Batlokwa.

Apparently B'orient are interested in signing Klass on loan until the end of the season.

Edit.... I meant the Daggers.

Yeah, No idea why i wrote Orient. :Sorry:

Could be a good move for him, as long as he gets some game time, and not wasted like Wabo was on his couple of stints away from the club.

I’m hearing that the 23s have a game at Dagenham and Red this afternoon?

Can anyone confirm or deny or know any details?

Yeah, No idea why i wrote Orient. :Sorry:

Could be a good move for him, as long as he gets some game time, and not wasted like Wabo was on his couple of stints away from the club.

If you don't follow them regularly its easy to get your non league clubs muddled up.

Wasn’t a great game. The pitch was awful and it was cold and scrappy!

I’m guessing D&R had a mixed side of fringe first teamers as I don’t think they have a 23s.

Southend side was :-

Ted Smith
Dan Humphries
Tom Clifford
Zac Pianim
Rob Howard
Sam Knock
Renei Batlowka
Michael Klass
Norman Wabo
Isaac Hutchinson
Harry Phillips

Subs :
Miles Mitchell - Nelson
Amadou Ba
Erin Kinali
Youth team lad I didn’t know

Klass got all three assists with a through ball to Hutchinson who finished really well 1 on 1 for 1-0 early once second half. Another to Batlowka who cut in from the right to dink it past keeper for 2-0 and a good move between Clifford Hutchinson and Klass ended with Hutchinson scoring from edge of area.

Ted smith made one or two great saves

Like I say a scrappy game but all three goals were moments of real quality

Who are the latest centre backs coming through?

We have players from all positions either breaking through or being around the first team, but rarely any centre backs since Matsuzaka. I know people will say Kyprianou but he wasn’t strictly academy.

That’s why I’m a bit surprised we’re potentially letting Curran go as I heard he was one of the more promising ones.

Lost 5-1 at Peterborough

Smith, Humphreys (Mitchell-Nelson 68), Clifford, Klass (Ba 80), Knock, Howard (c), Kinali (Stewart 68), Batlokwa, Wabo, Hutchinson (Kelman 45), Phillips.

Sub not used: Bexon

Goalscorers:
Southend
Wabo 62 (p)

Peterborough
Isaac Buckley-Ricketts 19, 60, 79
a forward 45
Morgan Penfold 83

Isaac Buckley-Ricketts has already played in the Eredivisie when on loan at FC Twente.

We have players from all positions either breaking through or being around the first team, but rarely any centre backs since Matsuzaka. I know people will say Kyprianou but he wasn’t strictly academy.

That’s why I’m a bit surprised we’re potentially letting Curran go as I heard he was one of the more promising ones.

He also wasn't a centre back. He played there out of necessity alongside Ferdinand, who made him better in that position than he otherwise would have been.

SOUTHEND United coach Kevin Maher was a frustrated figure after seeing his under 23 team lose 5-1 at Peterborough United.

More...

Speaking of Matsuzaka, his Contract in japan was not renewed and he has just joined Braintree . Unused sub at Hartlepool on Saturday

Does that mean that Ted has had to pick the ball out of the net 15 times in his last three games poor chap? Plymouth, Billericay and Posh?

I find this quite over the top over protective!

You can’t tell me that certain players couldn’t do with game time and that game time wouldn’t benefit the first team on Saturdays?

If footballers can’t play a game of football through fear of picking up injuries then we may as well all pack up and go home!!

Back