• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Umbongo

Do you think the Chairman will get the current embargo on SUFC lifted this week?

• Yes I do.

Votes: 31 13.2%
  • No I don't.

Votes: 192 81.7%
  • Bart. (who cares about another relegation anyway)?

Votes: 12 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not sure he promised that, but he did say it was just a phone call away. In theory it is just a call, but if he has to prove income to give the HMRC a sustainable / working payment plan i am not sure he can due to no income. So then it isnt a phone call away, he probably knew that but didnt want to say.

Agreed - but he was the one that made it sound simple, why do that? Why not manage expectations instead

Because he has no idea of the concept. He's never managed to do that.
And that's why the hole he's digging is getting deeper.

I've been someone that thinks RM is doing his best, and has been to some extent a victim of circumstances, plus I think sometimes it's better the devil you know. But he is rapidly losing my trust/confidence.

The Umbungo will never be lifted .

Ron has just submitted new Stadium plans for the 200th time , this time its now fully adjusted to suit the needs of our expected level we will be playing at by the time it actually happens.

Here is how the " Ron Arena" will look when its finished :

1606746464873.png

The whole club is toxic and if no attempt is made to turn it round this month I don't think the club will ever recover on or off the pitch.
If we go down don't expect anymore than a 3 sided ground for many many years ,and a large loss of support which will never return .Just what will happen when the fans return will be very interesting.In normal times Ron would now be needing more than a tin helmet as people have now run out of patience with his spin.
It will be very toxic for the man at the top! He brought it on himself and deserves it. The fact the embargo is not lifted just proof what clown this guy is.

lets assume the embargo is lifted, lets also assume there are players to sign (nt taking into account the two already signed), but do we have any money to lure/pay any more players in? lifting an enforced restriction is one thing, lifting our own poverty could be another

The new striker is set to train with us this week.

[
If his promise was that he hoped to get the embargo lifted, then yes I believe he will be true to his word and he will be doing a lot of hoping.

As to the entirely separate matter of whether the embargo is lifted, that would seem to depend on whether the EFL bailout package is agreed. Has there been any news on that?
QUOTE="londonblue, post: 2305946, member: 215"]

And for me that is the crux of the matter. It's nothing to do with Ron. He has no control over the issue, other than trying to talk to HMRC. I don't however, think that will lead to anything because we have no income at the moment, so unless he can pay the debt then anything he says is irrelevant because he's not in control. For that reason I don't see the embargo being lifted any time soon.
[/QUOTE]

You people are clearly happy to split hairs.The poll question is quite clear.

Clearly there won't be an agreed EFL bailout package this week so therefore the transfer embargo won't be lifted.That is, unfortunately, the only important point here.

Ron is lucky fans haven't been able to attend as I can only imagine how bad the atmosphere would be. Might open his eyes a bit though.
He won't care
Ah, jumpers for goalposts? Isn't it. Takes me back. Marvellous. Isn't it? Big leather football with laces. Used to slice your forehead open. Marvellous. A man's game. Liniment. Shin pads. Jock straps. Magic sponge, cold water, deep mud. Southend Stadium. The Kursaal. Jones Memorial Ground. Marvellous. Isn't it?
The Kursaal?? You must be well over 90 to remember us playing there. Well done for sticking with it for all those years!

Agreed - but he was the one that made it sound simple, why do that? Why not manage expectations instead
Totally agree, i am not defending him, i think he means well at times in some of what he says but maybe not too much thought goes into what he is about to say

Back