• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Umbongo

Do you think the Chairman will get the current embargo on SUFC lifted this week?

• Yes I do.

Votes: 31 13.2%
  • No I don't.

Votes: 192 81.7%
  • Bart. (who cares about another relegation anyway)?

Votes: 12 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does make you wonder just how much we owe as Umbonga still not been paid. If saving the club was top of the list by paying up and I knew I was guaranteed £250k like yesterday I would have found a way to pay it upfront and then transfer the money back into my account a few days later

So we have a player we signed at the beginning of the season we still can't play, another player recently signed but can't play, numerous trialists...all whom can't pay. A chairman who said months ago the embargo would be lifted once we paid HMRC... Still under embargo....oh it will just take a simple call....still under embargo...oh we will clear it this week...still under embargo....OK im hoping to clear it this week though....strung out and out for the real reason which is Ron wont bring us out until his golden egg has been agreed by Southend Council. Im sick of the lies, a bit of honesty is all we asked for and got nothing. If lies were a currency Ron would be the wealthiest man in the world. Get us out of this embargo you Rod Stewart wannabe

So we have a player we signed at the beginning of the season we still can't play, another player recently signed but can't play, numerous trialists...all whom can't pay. A chairman who said months ago the embargo would be lifted once we paid HMRC... Still under embargo....oh it will just take a simple call....still under embargo...oh we will clear it this week...still under embargo....OK im hoping to clear it this week though....strung out and out for the real reason which is Ron wont bring us out until his golden egg has been agreed by Southend Council. Im sick of the lies, a bit of honesty is all we asked for and got nothing. If lies were a currency Ron would be the wealthiest man in the world. Get us out of this embargo you Rod Stewart wannabe
Ron never lies :Hilarious:

I'm not sure it's a case of won't more a case of can't, the bloke is flat broke and up to his eyeballs in debt. Well at least for 2 more days he is, he may well become very rich soon and that may benefit the club massively but until that happens we are potless.

I'm not sure it's a case of won't more a case of can't, the bloke is flat broke and up to his eyeballs in debt. Well at least for 2 more days he is, he may well become very rich soon and that may benefit the club massively but until that happens we are potless.

Surely if he is broke and in his eyes with debt then the council would be mad to let him do it.

Surely if he is broke and in his eyes with debt then the council would be mad to let him do it.
Well not if he can prove that he can get funding from elsewhere, which he has arranged. besides Ron is made to look like a competent manager in comparison to local politicians.

So, in relation to the OP and poll, those who voted 'No' have been proved right.

What a ****ing surprise

Is the state of play of the embargo that we wait till Thursday and re-evaluate then or is it not going to happen until Jan at earliest? I only ask as if it’s the latter I can put it to the back of my mind, like Ronald, and try and enjoy the festive season.

Back