• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The wage bill and finances

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
I know the club have literally had no money coming in these past few months and people keep worrying about the financial state of the club, but with shaunghessy leaving today it surely means the end of the big earners.

The following have now left and I've guessed their respective wage.

(Edited as missed the two Below)
Ridgewell 5kpw
Keirnan 4kpw

Cox 3kpw
Hooper 2kpw
Theo 1.5kpw
Milligan 3kpw
Hyam 2.5kpw
Mantom 1.5kpw
Shaunghessy 1.5kpw

Sol and crew rumoured 1million per season

IF all of the above were semi accurate then we have now shifted over 1.5 million off of the wage bill.

Thats a staggering amount

Last edited:
Very true Tommy, but when you only have the square root of **** all coming in it really doesn't help I'm thinking.

I’d suspect Oxley and Demetriou are on fairly decent money too.

I know the club have literally had no money coming in these past few months and people keep worrying about the financial state of the club, but with shaunghessy leaving today it surely means the end of the big earners.

The following have now left and I've guessed their respective wage.

Cox 3kpw
Hooper 2kpw
Theo 1.5kpw
Milligan 3kpw
Hyam 2.5kpw
Mantom 1.5kpw
Shaunghessy 1.5kpw

Sol and crew rumoured 1million per season

IF all of the above were semi accurate then we have now shifted over 1.5 million off of the wage bill.

Thats a staggering amount

I'd have guessed:

Kiernan £5k
Milligan £4k
Cox £3.5k
Hyam £3k
Hooper £2k
Mantom £2k
Shaughnessy £1.5-2k
Robinson £1.5k

Factor in Demi on I would say £2.5k and Oxley on £3k+.

Think Cox was on more than that.

Reactions: GBJ
It's a buyers market going forward so, at the risk of sounding mercenary, we can pick up players of the same calibre for a vastly reduced wage

I'd have guessed:

Kiernan £6k
Cox £5k
Milligan £3.5k
Hyam £3k
Hopper £3k
Mantom £3k
Shaughnessy £2.5k
Robinson £2.5k (was £2.7k when first signed prior to giving him extra year on his contract)

Reactions: GBJ
Let’s be honest, we need to live within our means this upcoming season.

Anything less than that, and we’ll be playing a very risky game.

No more losing £200k a month & no more over-inflated wages.

All these guesses are exactly that, guesses. We literally have no idea. I can't work out if these values touted are weekly or monthly. 6k a week for Kiernan would be a joke, over 300k a year

All these guesses are exactly that, guesses. We literally have no idea. I can't work out if these values touted are weekly or monthly. 6k a week for Kiernan would be a joke, over 300k a year

Depends on what stories you believe.

A few people have heard the - alleged - story of how Cox & Campbell had a bit of a “disagreement”, in a team meeting, which lead to them revealing each other’s wages in front of the squad, which may or may not have been referred to earlier in the thread by myself & @Ricey

I think the fact that some people can't believe we've been paying these kind of wages shows why we have been in such a mess. They are simply unsustainable for a club like ours.

The Kiernan wage was pretty much there for all to see when the official site did a graph to show the weekly cost of our injured (unavailable) players a couple of years ago.

Back