• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Benfleet A1

Hector Of The House
I suffer from dry scalp. I have tried everything on the market, chineses herbal remedies, shampoo's, oils, the lot but nothing makes a blind bit of differance. I would walk into a barbers for a razor cut and the very second my head was touched the entire shop would disappear in a Sibierian blizzard of dry skin and dandruff. Apart from anything else it was embarrassing and a proper pain if wearing dark clothing. It looked like I had been careless with the talc.

So today I decided to get rid of the lot and go for the complete slaphead look. I managed to find a barbers that will wet shave so took the plunge and went there today. This barbers is opposite Toys R Us in Basildon town centre and run by some Turkisk gents. In I went and asked for the wet head shave.

'No problem Boss' said the young lad who had been reading the paper and ushered me to a seat.

I didn't know what to expect but I am here to tell you that if you fancy the spam head look then hot foot it to this guys. First up, I got a head massage with warm water followed by another with some head cream. That alone was worth the money. After that my head was lathered with a thick shaving soap which felt great but left me looking like something out of Logans Run. Then he started shaving. This lad knew his stuff and really took his time. He managed to nick me maybe twice but I didn't feel it and it must have been minimal blood loss because no one else in the shop took any notice.

After the shave came what I wasn't expecting. There was a bottle of methalated spirits sitting on the counter which I had been wondering about. I soon found out. The lad dunked a swab into the bottle then lit it and started waving it back and forth around my ears. This was a new one on me but talk about effective. Everytime he wooshed past my lugholes I could hear and smell burning hair. That was fantastic and highly recommended. After that the nostrils got de-haired but without flame and then the eyebrows got some treatment.

I was enjoying this. Then he went around my head with an antiseptic swab touching up where he had nicked me then slapped a big dollop of aftershave all over the ex-barnet. That warmed me up. Then a hot towel and viggious rub and I was sorted. Trust me when I say that that was by far the best head hair experiance I have ever had. Best tenner I have ever spent.

Sounds like a proper Turkish shave. I remember when me and my family were on holiday over there my Dad and his mate went in for the full works. Hair cut, ears, eyebrows, nostirls and a shave. I was offered a shave but the thought of a turkish man having a cut-throat razor to my neck was enought to put me off. That, and I was 13 at the time.

Will have to do that one day, sounds far more luxurious than my "gillette fusion in the shower" job 4 times a week...

There is a Turkish barbers near Chalkwell Park that do all the above.

where abouts is that Jassy? I'm looking for somewhere to get a wet shave on the morning of my wedding - Leigh location ideally

where abouts is that Jassy? I'm looking for somewhere to get a wet shave on the morning of my wedding - Leigh location ideally

Mr Guiseppe on the London Road, Westcliff used to do a great wet shave, hot towels etc. If they're still there it's just past Hamlet Court Road as you go into Southend.

Mr Guiseppe on the London Road, Westcliff used to do a great wet shave, hot towels etc. If they're still there it's just past Hamlet Court Road as you go into Southend.

cheers Harry, never actually had one before but my mates are on about it... so will have a trial run up here in sheffield first to see if my face survives!

jon

Have you tried a Syrup Grouty?

z203609651.jpg

Back