• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The whole Beckham thing

McScriven

The Ball Boy
Surprised there's been nothing on here about the whole Beckham Scandal (?!?). What's everyones thoughts? At first I thought it was pony because despite what we might think of them they always seemed really together but the more and more this goes on I think the boy Becks has been putting it about.

And who can blame him? Who'd you rather have Posh or Rebecca. I'd go for the bisexual PA myself seems like a right laugh (apart from the kiss and tell) and is much better looking than the rake.

Thoughts? No one care?

It has to be said the situation has got a lot fishier since the docu. was shown last night. Personally I say fair play to the lad for trying a new pair of flaps!
tounge.gif

Nah, seriously, you've really gotta be a cracker short of a cheeseboard, when, for f*cks sake, your most probably one of the highest profile celebs in the world, with a world reknowned marriage, to go off with some bi-sexual bint.

This is the story that the worlds press have been waiting for. I know Becks is reknowned for not being the sharpest tool in the box, but I seriously don't believe he's c*cked her up.

The only reservation I have, is that it doesn't affect his performances on the field, bearing in mind there's some sort of tounament going on in Portugal this summer.
rock.gif

to be honest i don't give a monkeys.She is a bony tart and he is a squeaky talking tart BUT  maybe all 3 of them were getting it on and posh got bored with it all and told her to get lost.This being some kind of revenge.Oh yeah, heard about this summer tourney,is it of any importance?at least it comes after the hockey play offs have finished.

It's a scandal. just some poor tart after. money bags becks money. it will all finish with an out of court settlement or something along those lines

*cough* slapper
laugh.gif

I really couldn't give a rats a*se what Beckham gets up to, or about a cheap tart who's desperate for publicity.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ April 17 2004,21:39)]*cough* slapper
laugh.gif

I really couldn't give a rats a*se what Beckham gets up to, or about a cheap tart who's desperate for publicity.
Yes, but her last single flopped, and she really does want her album to do well!
biggrin.gif

I think there all in on it publicity stunt but at the end of the day why do we care whats it got to do with us if somthing like that happend to us whos going to give a flyling? answer? nobody!

I wonder if he'll have to pay the Child Support Agency as much as I did!
sad.gif

I'm still amazed at the whole global Beckham thing. Why the fascination ?

One is an ugly old tart that can't sing or dance, the other one used to be in the Spice Girls.

David Beckham, overvalued, over-rated, overpaid, clearly NOT captain material and wouldn't make a best XI in the team of any competent judge I know.

The only thing about the Beckhams I really admire is the PR machine that is behind them that seems to have convinced the populous that this is an issue worthy of keeping on the front pages for so long. They have also done a fantastic PR job from the day it was announced the pair were together.

I don't begrudge them their money. If people are stupid enough to be taken in and fund it that's not my problem.

As for Mrs B and Loos if your idea of a good shag is these stick insect old trouts then good luck to you. Personally I'd rather screw a twiglet.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ April 22 2004,20:33)]David Beckham, overvalued, over-rated, overpaid, clearly NOT captain material and wouldn't make a best XI in the team of any competent judge I know.
You've obviously never seen him play in the flesh Tony. He is one of the most fired up, hard working and talented players I've ever seen. When I've been to games and he's not been in the side you can tell, we lack drive and hardwork.

As for not being captain material, pull the other way he's one of the best people I've seen and picking the team up when they are down and not doing too well.

Overpaid? Yes definately, but if clubs are stupid enough to pay it good luck to him. Nice work if you can get it.

If he did it he should own up - Rebecca looks like a game girl and if Posh wasn't so desperate for fame and looked after her family more (by that I mean stop dressing her toddler up like a doll and started being a wife to her husband) maybe he wouldn't have gone elsewhere.

Who gives a fig? We give this family miles too much attention for being overpayed & under-skilled (I know He's a great footballer - but thats it. He's not a finding a cure for Cancer - and yet we treat them like demi-gods.)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mrs McScriven @ April 23 2004,09:17)]Who gives a fig? We give this family miles too much attention for being overpayed & under-skilled (I know He's a great footballer - but thats it.  He's not a finding a cure for Cancer - and yet we treat them like demi-gods.)
How do you know he is not finding a cure for cancer?

It's very easy to point the finger isn't it?

I took some old clothes into the cancer research shop in Southend and they weren't doing any cancer research either.

Well he might be - I don't remember my last newsletter from the charity mentioning he's scientific progress - but hey, you never know.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ April 23 2004,08:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ April 22 2004,20:33)]David Beckham, overvalued, over-rated, overpaid, clearly NOT captain material and wouldn't make a best XI in the team of any competent judge I know.
You've obviously never seen him play in the flesh Tony. He is one of the most fired up, hard working and talented players I've ever seen. When I've been to games and he's not been in the side you can tell, we lack drive and hardwork.

As for not being captain material, pull the other way he's one of the best people I've seen and picking the team up when they are down and not doing too well.
As you don't rate Maher you are clearly not in the competent judge bracket  
laugh.gif

Yes I have seen Beckham play, pre England days, for England on a number of occassions (including St Ettiene vs Argentina) as well as the odd Man U game.

I will readily concede the fired up and hard working point. Cameras do not show how much work players get through in a game. Beckham definitely puts a heck of a lot of effort into 90 minutes.

Talented ? In comparison to a lot of English dross in the Premiership certainly. On the world stage definitely not. Frank Lampard has the potential to become world class. Beckham is all at sea with the big boys in Madrid.

Captain ? Not a chance in hell.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ April 23 2004,11:11)]Talented ? In comparison to a lot of English dross in the Premiership certainly. On the world stage definitely not. Frank Lampard has the potential to become world class. Beckham is all at sea with the big boys in Madrid.

Captain ? Not a chance in hell.
Hmm! The Spanish media from what I can gather have claimed that Real Madrids improved performances in the league are down to Beckham.

As for being captain, his team mates speak very highly of him always and they seem to have to greatest respect for him so that's enough for me. It's not as if we have a Stuart Peace that should be taking the armband is it?

Back