• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Whole Nine Yards

steveo1

Coach
I normally try and sympathise wih officials as they do have an extremely difficult job. However, did anyone else notice that idiot ref today when we had a free kick in the 2nd half. He started pacing out the distance for the wall and mysteriously stopped at 9 paces. Duh!

Maybe he can't count to ten
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Westcliff Blue @ Dec. 23 2006,22:56)]Maybe he can't count to ten  
rock.gif
In which case, I think we have just missed our best chance of playing the killer "4-4-4" formation.

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveo1 @ Dec. 23 2006,22:43)]I normally try and sympathise wih officials as they do have an extremely difficult job. However, did anyone else notice that idiot ref today when we had a free kick in the 2nd half. He started pacing out the distance for the wall and mysteriously stopped at 9 paces. Duh!
Perhaps he had previously established that one of his paces covers 40 inches ?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveo1 @ Dec. 23 2006,23:43)]He started pacing out the distance for the wall and mysteriously stopped at 9 paces. Duh!
And? Do you really think that pacing ten paces equates to ten yards? Referees already establish their pace v yard ratio over many trials - it doesn't always equate to 1 yard per pace - and thus know exactly how many paces they need for approximately ten yards. Duh!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]In which case, I think we have just missed our best chance of playing the killer "4-4-4" formation.
Have we got enough players?

Back