• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Wicker Man

I know from previous posts there are a few people on here who love "The Wicker Man". Me included. They've remade it with Nicolas Cage. I'll damn them all to hell if the policeman gets away with it!  
This could be the worst thing Hollywood bough out since casting Sylvester Stallone as Judge Dread....and allowing him to take his helmet off!
Is it Americanised? will there be any didly dee music around the maypole or some Bluesgrass around a corrugated shack.

Anyway it's out end of the month and I'll be first in the queue.

Merry Meet Merry Part and Merry Meet Again.
Hail the thrice Goddess

devil.gif
Here's the website

They'll bollock it up i'm sure.

The Britishness of it is what makes it so special.
Spooky pagan aura to it that you can't re-create with Nicholas friggin cage !!

I think we should do a remake of 'It's a wonderful life' starring Ross Kemp and Mike Reid as payback for all the English classics Hollywood has ruined.

I only needed to see this still to know they'd f%&ked it up...

wicker.jpg

As if that wasn't bad enough, they've made Summerisle a woman and changed 2 characters surnames to 'Woodward' (despite the man himself declining an offer of a cameo). Oh God, oh Jeus Christ no!!!!!

Has disaster written all over it. How can you do an American remake of such a "British" Film. Still at least Sly Stallone hasnt gone anywhere near it unless he comes in at the end to "Eye of the Tiger" to rescue Howie from the burning wicker man.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimpbizkit @ Aug. 16 2006,11:10)]Has disaster written all over it. How can you do an American remake of such a "British" Film. Still at least Sly Stallone hasnt gone anywhere near it unless he comes in at the end to "Eye of the Tiger" to rescue Howie from the burning wicker man.
Howie? Howie?? No Howie in this film mate - you mean...

ed.jpg

Edward Maulis!

I don't know about the Wicker Man but I would like to see a remake of KP Wicker crisps.

I was a big fan of the Roast Chicken flavour.

Back