• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The woman selling the scarves down Southend High Street today...

Crawliano

LADYCHARMER80
I saw some woman down Southend High Street hawking some really shoddy scarves today to mark the "historic" Chelsea game. Please don't tell me this was official club merchandise as I seem to have saw 2 police officers turning a blind eye and letting her hawk what I can only describe as complete tosh in front of them. I'm not trying to do anyone out of making a quick buck but if she was from the far east and selling DVD's she'd be off to the station quicker than it took to produce these "high quality" items.

I was frankly appalled by this.

Oh well only another two weeks of bandwagon jumping to go...

I don't get these scarves?

Why would you want to wear a scarve with another teams name on? These were being knocked out for both the Manc U and Spurs games as well. With the Manc U one in particular I wouldn't want be seen dead with a scarve with their name and colours on - even if the other side was Southend.

Oh well, each to their own I suppose.

I don't get these scarves?

Why would you want to wear a scarve with another teams name on? These were being knocked out for both the Manc U and Spurs games as well. With the Manc U one in particular I wouldn't want be seen dead with a scarve with their name and colours on - even if the other side was Southend.

Oh well, each to their own I suppose.

Having been a life long supporter of SUFC and follower of Man Utd, I quite like the scarf idea, and will be a lasing momento of the day we beat my "other team".

Having been a life long supporter of SUFC and follower of Man Utd, I quite like the scarf idea, and will be a lasing momento of the day we beat my "other team".

Fair enough - like I say, each to their own. I don't have any 'other' teams in England (as a kid I was taken to Old Trafford a few times by an Aunt & Uncle, I even went to the FA Cup Final replay against Brighton, but realised that Manc U are in fact evil incarnate and so stuck to Southend) so wouldn't have any interest myself.

Fair enough - like I say, each to their own. I don't have any 'other' teams in England (as a kid I was taken to Old Trafford a few times by an Aunt & Uncle, I even went to the FA Cup Final replay against Brighton, but realised that Manc U are in fact evil incarnate and so stuck to Southend) so wouldn't have any interest myself.

Have been to Old Trafford for a number of Champions League games over the years and saw the Cup Final at old wembley -v- Cheslea when Eric Cantona was at his imperial best. Memorable.

David Beckham would spend at least half an hour before entering the stadium signing autographs, whereas many would do a few mins and disappear. Having been a supporter himself I do admire his efforts in going along a very long line and troubling to take the time to do this.

It is the only way to get to see football at that level, as I somehow doubt Southend will in my lifetime get to that standard.

I still get more of a kick and buzz from the mighty blues though.

i saw them yesterday as well - they didnt seem that busy and had plenty left!

If we beat Chelski then they may sell a few more

I saw some woman down Southend High Street hawking some really shoddy scarves today to mark the "historic" Chelsea game. Please don't tell me this was official club merchandise as I seem to have saw 2 police officers turning a blind eye and letting her hawk what I can only describe as complete tosh in front of them. I'm not trying to do anyone out of making a quick buck but if she was from the far east and selling DVD's she'd be off to the station quicker than it took to produce these "high quality" items.

There are worse things going on in the world than someone trying to sell a few dodgy scarves. You don't have to buy one. Good luck to the lady, she clearly just wants to make a bit of extra money for Christmas. I am sure also the Police have better things to worry about at this time of the year as well!!

Can't blame somebody for trying to make a few extra bob in this time of depression (don't let anybody say it is only a recession) and credit crunch, so good luck to the woman.

If they really are such a shoddy product then it is up to the punters as to if they shell out of them isn't it? Nobody is putting your arm behind your back to make you buy any product, official or otherwise - that is entirely a matter of choice. If you don't like what you see then just walk on by.

Not sure it's that big a deal. Presumably she was not trying to pass them off as "official" and unless it contained any copyrighted images they are probably not even breaking any laws ... except possibly those relating to street trading. Live and let live, it's Christmas.

Not sure it's that big a deal. Presumably she was not trying to pass them off as "official" and unless it contained any copyrighted images they are probably not even breaking any laws ... except possibly those relating to street trading. Live and let live, it's Christmas.

Getting a little political here, but as I said, if this was one of our Oriental cousins would the same attitude stick? It's the fact that they had a shoddy Nike logo on the shorts of the SUFC kit and looked such a state. It's so annoying to see my club devalued like that. Go and buy an official scarf and put some money into the club you supposedly know and love.

Yes, making a little money in these times is seen by many as ok, but when a business is trying to legitimately make some money to further themselves every penny made is always going to be priceless. I've previously lost my rag when I caught some scumbag on eBay selling Blues World codes for access. Immediately informed the club, to me what that woman was doing was tantamount to the same thing.

Bah Humbug ;-)

Merry Christmas everyone
xxx

Happy Boxing Day to all. The most worrying part of this tread is that someone they follow Manure. Must have been too much of the old xmas grog me thinks. Three points today anyone?

Getting a little political here, but as I said, if this was one of our Oriental cousins would the same attitude stick? It's the fact that they had a shoddy Nike logo on the shorts of the SUFC kit and looked such a state. It's so annoying to see my club devalued like that. Go and buy an official scarf and put some money into the club you supposedly know and love.

Yes, making a little money in these times is seen by many as ok, but when a business is trying to legitimately make some money to further themselves every penny made is always going to be priceless. I've previously lost my rag when I caught some scumbag on eBay selling Blues World codes for access. Immediately informed the club, to me what that woman was doing was tantamount to the same thing.

Bah Humbug ;-)

Merry Christmas everyone
xxx

How is it the same thing?

Surely, extrapolating your scenario out is like comparing Topman (who sell "high st" versions of designer inspired clothes / suits etc) to people who sell dodgy sky cards to get movies free?

they where selling the scarves out side the ground west they where going for £5 each

There was someone selling them near the burger van outside the spread for £10 !!!! :stunned:

Was funny, they were selling them for 7 outside the ground then a couple of feet down it was 6 quid and at the exit it was 5-er.

Absolutely loads of them outside the ground both before, and even more afterwards.

Back