• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Women's World Cup.

Not one bit of VAR involvement last night, made for a much better viewing experience and let the game flowed as it should. Great stuff to watch and top performance from the Lionesses.

The yanks look like a very good side. Pass the ball around well and look a threat. Mind you, the French aren't too shabby either. Either one of them will give us a tough game.

Looking at the weather in France yesterday and today, it looks as if we got the best of the deal playing on Tuesday night. The heat that the teams are experiencing today and yesterday must drain them more than our exertions did us.

I had France in the zone sweep. I was rather hoping FIFA would do their usual and make sure the hosts are guaranteed at least a semi

So bye bye Germany. Semi final games

England vs USA
Netherlands vs Sweden

"chuffed"
my worst nightmare here,Germans winning both the womensW/C and the men winning the u-21s.
After all the big talk,cricket,u-21, at least the women (ours) have done the minimum what they said.
Cumon girls,think the winner USA v US will win it

As far as im concerned the referrees and VAR have set womens football back many light years ,its been an absolute joke of a tournament .

No, by still getting too many decision wrong and delaying play on every decision for far too long. One match had a total of 15 minutes of added time! Joke.

I think most would agree that VAR has caused delays but that should not detract from the quality of some of the football on display which is light years better than previous tournaments. So it hasn't put womens' football back but it has shown FIFA that the system, for men or womens teams, needs tuning to better fit the game.

I think most would agree that VAR has caused delays but that should not detract from the quality of some of the football on display which is light years better than previous tournaments. So it hasn't put womens' football back but it has shown FIFA that the system, for men or womens teams, needs tuning to better fit the game.
This is how I see it. The Women's World Cup has been a joy and is essentially creating history for them in the sport. It's all part of a legacy for what the women's game is building. The quality has been mixed but at it's best, it's been fantastic. Even as a lover of football and sport in general, I had little to no interest in watching this tournament at the start. Now I'm hooked. Superb stuff.

As for VAR, I'm confident that the VAR we're experiencing now will NOT be the VAR we'll have in say 5-10 years. It's still in its infancy and we're all learning new things about it. I'm not sure that I'm fully on-board with it yet, but it's certainly delivered in terms of drama and talking points.

Too much is still to subjective even when using VAR and I don’t see that being eradicated. The officiating generally hasn’t been good enough for such a tournament. What was a free-flowing sport is now a stop-start sport, every goal being subject to VAR scrutiny, to me it hasn't enhanced the game.

Back