• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Women's World Cup.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
So today it's Argentina v Japan. So far, 40 minutes gone and neither goalie has had a shot to save. Nowhere near as god a game as England v Scotland. Can it go the whole game with no shots on target?

A 0-0 shock. I mean a shocking 0-0. Argentina celebrated like they had won. Tears and everything.
0-0 is a fantastic result for them to be fair, Argentina might be miles ahead of Japan in men's football but the opposite is true in the women's game. This is the first point Argentina have ever managed in a women's world cup group, meanwhile Japan were finalists in the 2015 world cup and they won the 2011 world cup.

Chile vs Sweden was temporarily abandoned due to a bit or rain. Scared that would mess up their hair ? :Winking: :Fishing:

11-0 now. The US women are utterly ruthless - I can see them getting a hatful even against Sweden.
I think Thailand are just crap, in the last 5 meetings between Sweden and USA the Americans have never scored more than 1 goal.

Chile are a better and more organised side than Thailand. Swedes played well enough just not on form in front of goal, still won though which is all that counts.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48600795

The highlights are there, whilst there were some good finishes from the Americans (especially from Morgan) Thailand made it very easy for them, their defenders seem to just give up if the player they're marking breaks into a jog and their keeper looks dodgy even by women's football standards. Sweden might not be exciting going forward but they will defend a hell of a lot better than that.

They did their best but were simply outclassed in ability and fitness, having a 5ft 5ins goalkeeper didn't help the cause. The Thai footballing set-up is world's apart from the USA who have the best funded / best trained squad in women's football.

Japan v Scotland on Friday, 2pm BBC 1. Watch out for Andy Thomson who used to be a striker for Southend, now the Scotland assistant head coach.

They did their best but were simply outclassed in ability and fitness, having a 5ft 5ins goalkeeper didn't help the cause. The Thai footballing set-up is world's apart from the USA who have the best funded / best trained squad in women's football.

Not surprised they got beat 13-0
I found it dead easy to score in Thailand.

Just like the men, Scotland are heading home before the final game is played. Now that's what I call sexual equality. :ROFL:

Just like the men, Scotland are heading home before the final game is played. Now that's what I call sexual equality. :ROFL:
Not necessarily, it's like the men's Euros since it went to 24 teams. Best four 3rd place finishes still progress.

Back