• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The World Cup betting thread!

Backing the Swiss at 7/5 and have over 2.5 goals in the Argentina v Bosnia game.

Undecided on France v Honduras so will probably do some daft corners or bookings bet.

Last edited:
Done 4 £2 correct scores so far and two come in. Chile 3-1 and Italy 2-1 both at 9s, do £32 up at the mo. Got Switzerland & Ecuador to draw 1-1 and France to win 3-0 £2 singles & a £2 double

Backing the Swiss at 7/5 and have over 2.5 goals in the Argentina v Bosnia game.
Always best in injury time :smile:

On both France and Argentina at -1.5 with a cheeky double as well. A good start for tonight, be disappointed if France don't get another from here!

Im on my best behaviour and only bets ive done are my top goalscorer bet! Was hoping Brendon Todd was gunna help my WC fund but he fluffed that up with his 79 on Day 3!

Always best in injury time :smile:

On both France and Argentina at -1.5 with a cheeky double as well. A good start for tonight, be disappointed if France don't get another from here!

Yeah, that was pretty sweet. About ten seconds before I was bemoaning my bad luck, but soon changed my tune :smile:

Ouch, that's tough to take!

Halfway through tonight's bets and looking good, France have made it almost break even, a 2 goal Argie win will see my balance head north of £550 from the initial £125 that was in there. Think these bets give me my £50 free bet for sign up as well. A productive few days!

Even more gutted about losing the 1-1 having just watched France bring in the second result. Would have paid 47/1

Ouch.

Overall, it'll have been a horrible first few days for the bookmakers. No draws, few surprises, money back offers for England losing, big name first goalscorers aplenty, carnage.

Damn you Bosnia! Ah well, had to end somewhere. Watched the first half and Argentina were so poo I'm surprised they even got a second anyway!

We disagree on so much, I'm not even bothered to argue my point.

Looks like this journo agrees with me though.

1) Argentina fail to impress

Credit to Alejandro Sabella for quickly realising that he had made an error by dropping Gonzalo Higuaín in order to play an extra centre-back. Argentina’s 5-3-2 system led to a lumpen, unimaginative performance in the first half that raised doubts over the quality of their midfield, where their passing was too slow, and they were fortunate to lead at the break, at which point Sabella rectified his error by introducing Higuaín and reverting to four at the back. There will be relief that Argentina were not made to suffer more by Bosnia-Herzegovina. Making their World Cup debut, they showed admirable composure in possession and were mostly solid in defence, but Safet Susic’s men did not quite possess enough of a cutting edge to capitalise on their impressive display. Better sides would have made Argentina pay for Sabella’s questionable selection. Bosnia fell short in the end, but only because of an unfortunate own-goal and a moment of magic from Lionel Messi. There is plenty of room for improvement for Argentina, although at least they will not be peaking too soon. It’s all about timing your run."

http://www.theguardian.com/football...e-honduras-switzerland-ecuador-talking-points

So my 4 top goalscorer bets (all EW):

Higuain - 1 sub 0 goal
A. Sanchez - 1 game 1 goal
Ibisevic - 1 game 1 goal
Iniesta - 1 game 0 goal

Looks like this journo agrees with me though.

1) Argentina fail to impress

Credit to Alejandro Sabella for quickly realising that he had made an error by dropping Gonzalo Higuaín in order to play an extra centre-back. Argentina’s 5-3-2 system led to a lumpen, unimaginative performance in the first half that raised doubts over the quality of their midfield, where their passing was too slow, and they were fortunate to lead at the break, at which point Sabella rectified his error by introducing Higuaín and reverting to four at the back. There will be relief that Argentina were not made to suffer more by Bosnia-Herzegovina. Making their World Cup debut, they showed admirable composure in possession and were mostly solid in defence, but Safet Susic’s men did not quite possess enough of a cutting edge to capitalise on their impressive display. Better sides would have made Argentina pay for Sabella’s questionable selection. Bosnia fell short in the end, but only because of an unfortunate own-goal and a moment of magic from Lionel Messi. There is plenty of room for improvement for Argentina, although at least they will not be peaking too soon. It’s all about timing your run."

http://www.theguardian.com/football...e-honduras-switzerland-ecuador-talking-points

Oooh a Guardian link. :hilarious:

Back