• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The World Cup betting thread!

I thought they turned it on in the second half when Higuin came on. Bosnia were a decent team though.

First two pages of this thread make for interesting reading this evening

I wonder if Spain need new blood... :winking:

Lol. They definitely looked human tonight.

Haha, yeah I bet you're enjoying that. Has anyone heard from Chase; he was so damn sure of Spain as well.

Do be careful about gloating over another nation's exit from the WC.

After all there's a possibility we[/B] might be facing the same fate tonight or perhaps next week.

Haha, yeah I bet you're enjoying that. Has anyone heard from Chase; he was so damn sure of Spain as well.

I'm certainly not enjoying it as much as the country's bookies, that's for sure :winking:

I just couldn't see Spain mounting a serious challenge this year. There are problems in that squad that would inhibit any side, there's no confidence between the back five in each other and that front six just doesn't click. Costa's constantly isolated and there's nobody willing to get behind the opposition. Why's Negredo not at the tournament instead of the listless Torres? Why's Navas not getting a look in? Silva's a wonderful player but he's at his best slipping balls behind a defensive line for others to run on to, so if you haven't got those players around them he's completely nullified.

Do be careful about gloating over another nation's exit from the WC.

After all there's a possibility we[/B] might be facing the same fate tonight or perhaps next week.

The difference being that we have been widely anticipated to falter at the first hurdle. You, on the other hand, were expected to win it.

The difference being that we have been widely anticipated to falter at the first hurdle. You, on the other hand, were expected to win it.

Over here the press and other media have been widely tipping Brazil (or possibly Argentina)to win the tournament, well before a ball was kicked.

My wife heard rockets going off here in Catalonia, (the traditional way to celebrate a Barca goal) twice last night, each time Chile scored.

I must say I was impressed by the way that Del Bosque,Casillas etc reacted to defeat in post match interviews last night.

I hope (when the time comes)that Roy,Gerrard etc will be able to do the same.

Last edited:
Back