• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The worsening situation in Ukraine

Further disrupt Israel from killing kids? What a bad man he is.
Undoubtedly children and innocents are being killed. Israel is not without blame, it isn't a right/ wrong simplistic argument. And yes Putin is a bad man.
Hamas are supplied by Iran BTW, and it was in their interests to encourage the Hamas attack so that the ongoing talks between the Saudis/Egyptians and the Israelis were scuppered.
Largely correct but other influences are involved to, " my enemy's enemies may be my friends" . The Saudis will often " play" both sides, especially if it allows them to have Yemen and other dirty involvements go unreported, same could be said of many countries foreign policies.
Putin moved into Eastern Ukraine to protect the ethnic Russians in those areas who had been under constant attack from Ukrainian security services since 2014. He has a very good legal and moral argument to be there.
Hmm, limited truth, and has loud echoes of 1938
The US State department and its proxies are disproportionately Jewish and will always put Israel at Number One. With the US around 50th. Ukraine is in the top 5 but it's no competition really.
Wow! I always thought the USA put the USA at 1st, 2nd , 3rd etc as priority.
Geographically Israel is situated in an ideal place where the west, NATO and the USA would want an ally. Similar for Cyprus, Greece, Kosovo ( huge USA spend there) and, obviously Ukraine.

Undoubtedly children and innocents are being killed. Israel is not without blame, it isn't a right/ wrong simplistic argument. And yes Putin is a bad man.

Largely correct but other influences are involved to, " my enemy's enemies may be my friends" . The Saudis will often " play" both sides, especially if it allows them to have Yemen and other dirty involvements go unreported, same could be said of many countries foreign policies.

Hmm, limited truth, and has loud echoes of 1938

Wow! I always thought the USA put the USA at 1st, 2nd , 3rd etc as priority.
Geographically Israel is situated in an ideal place where the west, NATO and the USA would want an ally. Similar for Cyprus, Greece, Kosovo ( huge USA spend there) and, obviously Ukraine.
How is that limited truth? Tell me one thing from that statement about ethnic Russians that's inaccurate. It wasn't inaccurate when Hitler went into the Sudetenland either, but as he's now been rebranded as Satan, everything that reminds one of Hitler's moves is considered mortal sin, even if some of Hitler's moves were completely justified.

The US government will send troops to defend any border but their own. Hence my comment. And I live here, you don't.

How is that limited truth? Tell me one thing from that statement about ethnic Russians that's inaccurate. It wasn't inaccurate when Hitler went into the Sudetenland either, but as he's now been rebranded as Satan, everything that reminds one of Hitler's moves is considered mortal sin, even if some of Hitler's moves were completely justified.

The US government will send troops to defend any border but their own. Hence my comment. And I live here, you don't.
Your arguments are at odds with yourself, Israel has used the same justification for it's actions in Gaza, and for me it is disproportionate and wrong.
Yet you use the same argument for justification for Putin, and for me, again, it is wrong and disproportionate.
Hitler was evil, warped, malevolent.
The USA defends it's borders, it also tries to act properly, proportionally BUT like almost all of the developed ( and often 3rd world) set of countries, in Americas, Europe, Australasia or elsewhere, the challenges of mass migration, integration, race and religion seem insurmountable and without an acceptable solution.
The USA has a policy of defending it's borders from as far away as possible from US soil, and, imo, that has worked fairly well.
Hitler set his solution in motion but, hopefully, few will champion that as an accepted policy.

5 people have been charged with the Ukrainians keen to clamp down on corruption, especially when the money is meant to help with the war with Russia.
Security officials say that the current investigation dates back to August 2022, when officials signed a contract for artillery shells worth 1.5 billion hryvnias ($39.6 million) with arms firm Lviv Arsenal.

After receiving payment, company employees were supposed to transfer the funds to a business registered abroad, which would then deliver the ammunition to Ukraine.

However, the goods were never delivered and the money was instead sent to various accounts in Ukraine and the Balkans, investigators said.
Britain was warned at the start of the war by an ex army general, fly or ship in arms, but do not send money.

Back