• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The worsening situation in Ukraine

The reports I'm getting from those who know a bit more than we (the public) the russian army are constantly drunk.... I guess thats why we're seeing such horrors.

They're taking the war to russia, good for them..... The russian army are a complete mess.....
Truck came from RF side and let through x-ray type scanner. Very peculiar and an interesting thread on twitter by @motytchak

John Simpson reporting from Ukraine, bloke must be in his 70s. Still in a war zone. He has written some good books about his career.

United Nations General Assembly Eleventh Emergency Special Session

The Eleventh Emergency Special Session of the United Nations General Assembly opened on 28 February 2022 at the United Nations headquarters. It addresses the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Description

Letter dated 28 February 2014 from the Permanent Representative of Ukraine to the United Nations addressed to the President of the Security Council (S/2014/136) - Item 5

Debate on the item

The General Assembly will also decide that the Credentials Committee of the seventy-seventh session should serve for the resumed eleventh emergency special session; and take note of the letter from the Secretary-General (A/ES-11/9) concerning Member States in arrears in the payment of financial contributions to the United Nations within the terms of Article 19 of the Charter.

Vote:

In Favour: 143
Against 5
Abstention 35

Surprise, surprise, only the normal 5 suspects Belarus, Dem PR of Korea, Nicaragua, Russian Federation, Syrian Arab Republic voted against

UN Vote.png

The UN General Assembly on Wednesday adopted a resolution entitled "Territorial integrity of Ukraine: defending the principles of the Charter of the United Nations," which condemns Russian pseudo-referendums held in occupied Ukrainian territories.

Some interesting voting shown.
Afghan vote for motion!
And abstaining are several countries that recieve lots of western, UK aid etc such as India, Pakistan, Uganda.
And countries that ought to value freedom like South Africa, Vietnam.

Having a Vietnamese daughter in law and knowing a little about their history I would just say that the relationship between Vietnam and China is fraught. There is of course a border with China just north of the coal mining town she's from. The two countries have long been in dispute over the Paracel Islands. It's probably diplomatic for Vietnam to keep their heads down whilst China disgraces itself over their stance in Ukraine.
However I thought this was interesting.

https://vietnamnet.vn/en/first-vietnamese-billionaire-on-forbes-list-E67936.html

United Nations General Assembly Eleventh Emergency Special Session

The Eleventh Emergency Special Session of the United Nations General Assembly opened on 28 February 2022 at the United Nations headquarters. It addresses the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

Description

Letter dated 28 February 2014 from the Permanent Representative of Ukraine to the United Nations addressed to the President of the Security Council (S/2014/136) - Item 5

Debate on the item

The General Assembly will also decide that the Credentials Committee of the seventy-seventh session should serve for the resumed eleventh emergency special session; and take note of the letter from the Secretary-General (A/ES-11/9) concerning Member States in arrears in the payment of financial contributions to the United Nations within the terms of Article 19 of the Charter.

Vote:

In Favour: 143
Against 5
Abstention 35

Surprise, surprise, only the normal 5 suspects Belarus, Dem PR of Korea, Nicaragua, Russian Federation, Syrian Arab Republic voted against

View attachment 22504

The UN General Assembly on Wednesday adopted a resolution entitled "Territorial integrity of Ukraine: defending the principles of the Charter of the United Nations," which condemns Russian pseudo-referendums held in occupied Ukrainian territories.
What is perhaps more significant is that countries like China and India abstained.There has been some talk to the effect that if the war continues to drag on (highly likely I'd've thought) then China might actually start voting against Russia.That would certainly set the cat among the pigeons.We can only hope I suppose.

India abstained as it gets arms from Russia and is fighting hush hush border wars against China and Pakistan.
China abstained as it is China and is aiming to move in on Russia's allies while Russia can't supply them with technology and weapons.
You are hoping in vain Tangers.

Such a shame that Iran has involved themselves by supplying hundreds of kamikaze drone bomb/missile, that are now raining down on Ukraine's residential areas. It violates UN sanctions, so Iran will be punished in some way. Ukraine are now asking for more help from the west to take down these drones before they strike their cities.

Such a shame that Iran has involved themselves by supplying hundreds of kamikaze drone bomb/missile, that are now raining down on Ukraine's residential areas. It violates UN sanctions, so Iran will be punished in some way. Ukraine are now asking for more help from the west to take down these drones before they strike their cities.

It's the merry go round of arms dealing. The drones are Western manufactured, sold to Iran, russia buy them and then modified them. It's russias way of obtaining Western hardwear. It's all about money, 3rd World Countries will sell anything for a profit.

russia are also buying a lot of Cold War weapons and helmets eg from Countries they sold them too, to arm the 300k they've just called up.

Last edited:
Some interesting voting shown.
Afghan vote for motion!
And abstaining are several countries that recieve lots of western, UK aid etc such as India, Pakistan, Uganda.
And countries that ought to value freedom like South Africa, Vietnam.

Afghan voted for it because the US control their government.

The UN is funded and controlled by the US, which is why they have never achieved anything. Apart from giving a veneer of respectability when we bomb innocent women and children all across the ME.

Obama bombed 8 different countries but most people would struggle to name more than 6. Next on the US hit list for invasion Haiti.

Ha ha @ rigsby, simplistic nonsense, except the US does massively subscribe and bank roll the UN.
As regards Haiti the UN workers there have been predominately US for last 10 years, in big numbers doing good work.
Afghan US controlled????????
I would question who the appointed Afghan UN rep is though, and who pays his wages!

It's not a 100% indication but it would be a fair reflection if you started seeing clean shaven russian units.

That doesn't just mean Nukes but also Chemicals/biological weapons used.

The West do believe that the above two are a possibility.

You have to separate Chemical/Biological Warfare from Nuclear, Nuclear is end game.
Any thoughts on Russia evacuating some Russian border towns - prelude to chem/nuke attack?

Any thoughts on Russia evacuating some Russian border towns - prelude to chem/nuke attack?
The" official" line I believe is that they're expecting an attack from Ukranian troops.Rather doubt if Russia would be daft enough to use nuclear or chemical weapons in Ukraine but who knows?

Last edited:
The" officia"l line I believe is that they're expecting an attack from Ukranian troops.Rather doubt if Russia would be daft enough to use nuclear or chemical weapons in Ukraine but who knows?

I think that's Kherson in the Russia occupied part of Ukraine. I thought I'd read they're also evacuating some towns actually in Russia - Belograd or something - which seemed odd in that I don't think anyone is expecting Ukrainian troops to cross the Russian/Ukraine border. But depending on what way the wind blows they could be in danger of something in the air.

I really don't know. The russian's are digging in for the Winter in Ukraine, trying to hold what they have. That threat (at the moment) if it was likely to happen, would be next spring. Russia are just happy to send in cannon fodder right now and they're losing a lot of men.

The problem for the West is trying to second guess puking, 300k untrained soldiers won't last long, after that, it's anyones guess.

Last edited:
The" official" line I believe is that they're expecting an attack from Ukranian troops.Rather doubt if Russia would be daft enough to use nuclear or chemical weapons in Ukraine but who knows?

Ukraine troops won't push into russia, I can assure you of that, it would start WWIII and the West have made it very clear that they won't support it.

Last edited:
I think that's Kherson in the Russia occupied part of Ukraine. I thought I'd read they're also evacuating some towns actually in Russia - Belograd or something - which seemed odd in that I don't think anyone is expecting Ukrainian troops to cross the Russian/Ukraine border. But depending on what way the wind blows they could be in danger of something in the air.
I'd heard about the first part of your post not the second.As I said I'd be suprised if Russia tries anything nuclear or chemicals related but who knows?
Ukraine troops won't push into russia, I can assure you of that, it would start WWIII and the West have made it very clear that they won't support it.
While I agree with you if we're talking about mainland Russia I'm not so sanguine when it comes to what Rusia calls the "occupied territories" and Ukraine rightly IMO sees as its former territories.

I'd heard about the first part of your post not the second.As I said I'd be suprised if Russia tries anything nuclear or chemicals related but who knows?

While I agree with you if we're talking about mainland Russia I'm not so sanguine when it comes to what Rusia calls the "occupied territories" and Ukraine rightly IMO sees as its former territories.

Indeed, they just want to take back their Country and the West will support them in doing so. Pushing into russia is not on the cards and nor is Crimea.

Back