• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The worsening situation in Ukraine

Small fire fights inside Russia.
Drones over Moscow.
F16s for Ukraine.
Oil and gas prices drop.

Putin ought to be nervous.

Oh, and Challenger2 tank wins international tank trial competition beating Leopard and Abrams.

Russian flag flying on top of circus big top in Priory Park!

For me this is wrong and akin to flying a swastika atm.

SCC need to have it lowered pdq.
Are you 100% sure it was a Russian flag? I'm not going to Priory Park to check but their Facebook page has a picture of a tent with a Colombian flag on it, which is similar to the Russian flag except the top stripe is yellow.

US intelligence (an oxymoron) puts Russian casualties at 100,000 since December.
With 20k killed.
That would be the entire British Army, and most of the reservists.
No figure on the Ukrainian casualties but would be big numbers too.
Absolute horse****. You are correct on the frailties of US Intelligence, even if that observation was based on some casual national bias that wouldn't be tolerated if directed at most nations. Russian casualties unlikely to be more than 10,000, with the Ukrainians nearer 250,000.

Absolute horse****. You are correct on the frailties of US Intelligence, even if that observation was based on some casual national bias that wouldn't be tolerated if directed at most nations. Russian casualties unlikely to be more than 10,000, with the Ukrainians nearer 250,000.

10k Russians and 250k Ukrainians? War would be over if that was correct wouldn't it?

Although the Ukrainians have been gifted some excellent new NATO standard equipment I think it’s going to be very hard to dislodge the Russians who are well dug in now. I’m not even sure this so called offensive will ever happen either.
If it doesn't it's going to make "winning" the war an interesting conudrum.(It wouldn't suprise me in the slighest if somel EU countries lose interest in pursuing the conlict beyond the end of this year).

If it doesn't it's going to make "winning" the war an interesting conudrum.(It wouldn't suprise me in the slighest if somel EU countries lose interest in pursuing the conlict beyond the end of this year).

I think the Ukrainians have been given just enough rope so as to not hang themselves. You also don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes too. The rate of attrition is just not sustainable, machines you can replace men you can’t unless you bring in outside help..

The Ukrainians have put up an amazing fight but let’s hope they don’t suffer from a Bridge to Far syndrome. Both sides may well have to draw a line in the sand at some stage. Although saying that they may well have a crack at Crimea. Who knows.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see the conflict gradually declining over years with some deescalation and numerous internationally backed failed ceasefires. Probably end up as it was before the invasion except there will be far more deadly weapons around the region than a few mortars and rifles.

Can’t see any permanent peace until there is a change at the top in both countries.

Perhaps controversial but at some point Ukraine have surely got to look at what is left in the Donetsk and Luhansk regions and ask what exactly it is they are looking to gain by trying to get them back.

Re-draw the map of Ukraine keeping as much as they can, and allowing Putin to have his "victory" while at the same time ensuring the end to the rising death toll that the death of so many Ukrainian soldiers / volunteers.

Back