• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who is the worst football pundit on the telly?

• Total voters
Has to be Garry Birtles for me, complete lack of understanding of the game. How he ever made it as a professional footballer is beyond me.

Also loves to be controversial for the sake of it. He will say a goal looked offside, replay shows he was onside, this is normally followed by him saying "yes clearly offside when the ball was played"

Utter tool

Has to be Garry Birtles for me, complete lack of understanding of the game. How he ever made it as a professional footballer is beyond me.

Also loves to be controversial for the sake of it. He will say a goal looked offside, replay shows he was onside, this is normally followed by him saying "yes clearly offside when the ball was played"

Utter tool

Added! And Savage too. How could I forget that prat?

None of the above...........Michael Owen on BT just for his stupid voice.

How about Don Goodman.

I recall from last year him saying he cant understand why shots that hit the bar or post don't count as being on target.

Well, why would they? Are players aiming at the post or the bar?

I feel a bit guilty for naming him, but Motson is approaching senility at a quite rapid rate.

How about Don Goodman.

I recall from last year him saying he cant understand why shots that hit the bar or post don't count as being on target.

Well, why would they? Are players aiming at the post or the bar?

The bar...for about quarter past five.

I'm in a minority in that I don't mind Townsend. I voted for Merson just because of his murder of the English language. How he's still on Sky Sports News I don't know, it must be for comedy value. Can barely string a sentence together and the increase in foreign players in the Premier League has really been bad news for him.

I'd also add Clarke Carlisle to this poll - awful pundit.

David ******* Pleat. Knows nothing. Utter utter ****.:angry:

I like Pleat; he knows more about football than most people will forget. He's no good as a co-commentator though; can't really react quick enough to what is going on in the game. But as a studio analyst - mostly on radio these days - I think he's as good as any.

I like Pleat; he knows more about football than most people will forget. He's no good as a co-commentator though; can't really react quick enough to what is going on in the game. But as a studio analyst - mostly on radio these days - I think he's as good as any.

Spot on. Pleat is very good, especially on 5Live. It's hard to look past Claridge for this award.

Back