• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

rlb999

We want 4 stands!
Whilst I admire our solidity and workrte, one thing that annoys me about the way PB sends out is teams is his tendency to play wide midfielders on the wrong foot. I'm sure he'd say it keeps the team narrow and solid etc, but it means we're not seeing the best of players like Worrall and Weston - the latter showed at Wembley that he is capable of skinning a full back and putting a ball in, and the former isn't half as much a threat on the left in my view. It's not as if them being narrow creates space for the full backs to overlap - Brown doesn't really encourage that sort of behaviour either. We always say we need a forward that scores goals - with wingers playing in their correct positions, that's more likely to happen.

Worrall apparently prefers to play on the left because it allows him to cut in and shoot with the right foot, which is the benefit of playing on the "wrong" side.

They dont seem to stick to their side anyway, often changing over.

i can't remember who it was, Waddle i think, was saying he loved the option to play the 'wrong side' as it allowed him to attack the full backs weaker side and have more options in terms of being able to attack the middle or just check back in to get the cross in

i always prefer Worrall on the right but having him and McLaughlin swapping and Wordsworth feeding them sounds pretty alright to me

Worrall apparently prefers to play on the left because it allows him to cut in and shoot with the right foot, which is the benefit of playing on the "wrong" side.

They dont seem to stick to their side anyway, often changing over.

It worked with Mark Gower! Maybe Worrall and Weston could work on crossing with the "wrong" foot. Getting to the
bye line just needs a "dink" to the far post, not a powerful cross like a corner.

Worrall has built a good relationship with Coker, to date White hasn't had that opportunity and has been stuck with Weston late on in games, or Atkinson, neither of whom seem to have a defensive bone in their bodies.

Coker likes to push up on the overlap so I think it works well for us having a right-footed player on that wing, makes space for him to run into.

Back