• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question The Zone Improvements

How have we done

• Total voters

Cricko

Hi All.

As you are the people who make up the Zone, how would you say the changes we have brought to you this year are? We will have the new Chat room up and running now it is installed correctly into the Zone in about a fortnight and that will, when configured add so many things for you all, not just "chat" by any means. Other changes with the Home page and Links to the Forum will also be added and we have some other surprises in store...SBH our chief programmer is away on his holidays at the moment but if you have any other ideas ( which we as the Owners agree with) and we can implement them, please add them to this post and Vote on the Poll please.

On Behalf of The Owners of ShrimperZone.com

For the features I use, it doenst really make a difference. However, I have noticed both on my machine at home and at work that it seems to run a lot slower and tkes a lot longer for each page to load.

As a relative newby, it's hard for me to make any judgement. So, all I can say is what has been done so far seems to have made the Zone more user friendly, it's a shame that chat room has been delayed so long but I understand that was beyond your control.

I'd like to know though who keeps wiping out the tags on the Live thread and on what basis?!

What you've done so far has been work well done, so credit all round where credit's due.

Instead of rep how about rewarding 'Bon Mots' with cash?

It might encourage higher quality posts.

improvements view

Overall the improvements are good. One gripe is I think it could be easier to send pm's though from a members profile page, the current link is hard to find.

The tags are designed to give more links to the Home page and will work when people are using Google for instance to search certain things...this is something we are still working on. In the long run it is to improve our ranking and will help with future revenue. I have taken a few off if there are to many pointless one's.

For the features I use, it doenst really make a difference. However, I have noticed both on my machine at home and at work that it seems to run a lot slower and tkes a lot longer for each page to load.

I should of said in the Original Thread Steveo.....if you have any complaints also add them here please.

The tags are designed to give more links to the Home page and will work when people are using Google for instance to search certain things...this is something we are still working on. In the long run it is to improve our ranking and will help with future revenue. I have taken a few off if there are to many pointless one's.

Pointless? On the Live thread? :stunned:

Slight contradiction maybe!? :unsure:

I think the minimum length of a post should be increased .. that way half of SUFCLiams posts would be outlawed :D;)

As a relative newby, it's hard for me to make any judgement. So, all I can say is what has been done so far seems to have made the Zone more user friendly, it's a shame that chat room has been delayed so long but I understand that was beyond your control.

I'd like to know though who keeps wiping out the tags on the Live thread and on what basis?!

What you've done so far has been work well done, so credit all round where credit's due.

a newby with 6500 posts....a lot of time on your hands, methinks?

Originally Posted by steveo

I should of said in the Original Thread Steveo.....if you have any complaints also add them here please.

Not really a complaint, more of an observation. Any particular reason for it?

No, just sleepless a lot of the time, and on school hols at the mo, plus always having a lot to say of course, being female!

the last point went without saying...as well as needing to get the last word in?

Back