• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Theo Robinson frustrated to return to Southend United before heading back to Colchester United on loan

You are very wrong on this one - Ron wanted Col U to buy him - Cowling refused and said he wanted to keep him on loan, Theo was recalled to Southend to try and force the issue but he has ended up signing on the basis Cowling wanted.

Theo clearly didn't want to be there, no idea how Sol and he felt about each other but it's very predictable you are trying to paint this as a Ron success (just how are you related to him?) when the outcome is he is out on loan until expiry of his contract
Can't imagine there was any issue there. I think Theo was one of the players alluded to in the Cox thread though, don't think they got on because Theo is friends with Ranger.

Can't imagine there was any issue there. I think Theo was one of the players alluded to in the Cox thread though, don't think they got on because Theo is friends with Ranger.

Yes, that's correct for a whole host of reasons Theo (and actually quite a few players still at Southend) weren't able to maintain a civil relationship with him. The fact that Southend sidelined him before he left perhaps suggest the club agreed he was the cause of the various conflicts

Theo was on a fairly good contract with us- it may be Col U were picking them all up, just as likely a % in which case doubt RM was ever after a fee but rather 100% of the wages. If Colu U were paying 100% already in L2 then I suspect he would be one of their higher earners. Who knows- but we can't just assume the issue was RM looking for a fee.

Theo was on a fairly good contract with us- it may be Col U were picking them all up, just as likely a % in which case doubt RM was ever after a fee but rather 100% of the wages. If Colu U were paying 100% already in L2 then I suspect he would be one of their higher earners. Who knows- but we can't just assume the issue was RM looking for a fee.

You don’t have to assume Ron was after a fee, I’m telling you it was, whether you choose to believe it or not is up to you, but a couple of posters on here know I’ve been accurate with my previous comments on other threads

You don’t have to assume Ron was after a fee, I’m telling you it was, whether you choose to believe it or not is up to you, but a couple of posters on here know I’ve been accurate with my previous comments on other threads

Not saying your not- at the same time we have many posters on here who have "sources"that mean they know exactly what is happening on most subjects- except they don't... so I am afraid the scepticism is often based on good cause...

Nonetheless, the surprise would be that Theo was surprised that part of playing hard ball was him being called back for a short period. There again he is a footballer- however, you would have thought his agent could have explained what was happening.

Good news is we are happy he's moved on, the player is happy, and you are happy too :-)

Don’t doubt it was Ron mucking around but was he definitely after a fee or just trying to get him to move permanently so we wouldn’t be responsible for May, June and then that bonus month’s wages?

Good luck to Theo. He seems like a nice guy and he gets appreciated there. Just shows that the atmosphere within our camp is very toxic and not a nice place to work atm.
Will always remember the hat-trick he scored fondly.

Good luck to Theo. He seems like a nice guy and he gets appreciated there. Just shows that the atmosphere within our camp is very toxic and not a nice place to work atm.
Will always remember the hat-trick he scored fondly.

No it doesn’t demonstrate the atmosphere here is anything- just that he wants to be playing football and he knows he won’t with us.

No it doesn’t demonstrate the atmosphere here is anything- just that he wants to be playing football and he knows he won’t with us.

I didn’t really want to go back but it’s done now and I’m looking forward to playing football at Colchester,” said Robinson.

But I’m very pleased to be back now, to say the least.

It was a frustrating few days; my partner and I said that my mood changed in the three days I was back there to being at Colchester this whole time," said Robinson.

Maybe I’m reading into it, but these comments hint towards it not being a good place to be. Maybe I’m wrong, but taking in to account everything else, I would say it’s not a terrible assumption.

I didn’t really want to go back but it’s done now and I’m looking forward to playing football at Colchester,” said Robinson.

It was a frustrating few days; my partner and I said that my mood changed in the three days I was back there to being at Colchester this whole time," said Robinson.

Maybe I’m reading into it, but these comments hint towards it not being a good place to be. Maybe I’m wrong, but taking in to account everything else, I would say it’s not a terrible assumption.

You are I think- his mood will have changed because he was back where he would be on the bench at best rather than where he wanted to be playing football

I see it the opposite way personally, he was there for 3 days openly and he is saying his mood change due to that, i dont buy that. Sometimes work gets you down but would take A lot longer to make someone feel down unless they are weak willed. He didn’t wasnt to be there as he wanted to move, thats fine but SUFC hold his registration, loan term was up, Colchester then had to re agree a deal. He as a person has to deal with that

If you don’t think you there is ( hopefully was for you lot was with the worst bad apple recently leaving) a toxic atmosphere at club then you’ve missed a lot of the very real and obvious signals

Yeah, you’re probably right.

It’s probably nothing to do with the bad atmosphere in the camp.

No professional footballer would be fazed about rejoining a group, which only a few weeks prior had descended into a mass row on the training ground, because a section of that group were seen to be laughing at our current situation.

Why would that bother him? Afterall, it’s not as if he was castigated & ostracised during his time here, by some of those very same players.

But, I know, I know, I suppose it’s just another one of those little rumours, which have been made up, by people pretending to be in the know, I guess.

If you take into his account his comments a while back when he said he has more friends at Colchester than SUFC, and that he is invited out by players, which he wasn't at Southend, then that's another clue that all is not well at Southend. About 8 years ago the squad was really close, and they used to all go out together, and have play station type nights, or watch Sky football. All were invited. Many times too many turned up for the size of the place. Our current squad is made up of little groups that stick together, or loners. Apart from the last game, you could see the team spirit and closeness has been missing.

Yeah, you’re probably right.

It’s probably nothing to do with the bad atmosphere in the camp.

No professional footballer would be fazed about rejoining a group, which only a few weeks prior had descended into a mass row on the training ground, because a section of that group were seen to be laughing at our current situation.

Why would that bother him? Afterall, it’s not as if he was castigated & ostracised during his time here, by some of those very same players.

But, I know, I know, I suppose it’s just another one of those little rumours, which have been made up, by people pretending to be in the know, I guess.

So which players were laughing at our current situation?

If you take into his account his comments a while back when he said he has more friends at Colchester than SUFC, and that he is invited out by players, which he wasn't at Southend, then that's another clue that all is not well at Southend. About 8 years ago the squad was really close, and they used to all go out together, and have play station type nights, or watch Sky football. All were invited. Many times too many turned up for the size of the place. Our current squad is made up of little groups that stick together, or loners. Apart from the last game, you could see the team spirit and closeness has been missing.

I have no doubt there is some truth to this- Sol commented on the lack of team sprit I think- something as you say seemed to be a bit more in evidence on Sat

Back