• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Theo Robinson Recall?

Kind words, Dan and thank you.

Not sure they are deserved, but they are accepted with thanks.

Does anyone know if we are able to recall Theo from his loan? It's absolute bonkers that we struggle to play 2 x first team strikers and he's playing elsewhere.
Appreciate he can be ungainly but he's a worker with a knack for getting into decent positions in the box.
Also, 12 months ago Powell had him looking like a world beater. Although that was the positive, jubilant Powell...not the shell of a man we have now.

Opinions opinions...U must be joking here surely...We have seen some bad strikers over the years; loans and permanents...S Brown, C Reid..D Young..B Belgrave.. and many more since forgotten..But I think Theo is the worst ever and we miss him like a hole in the head

Opinions opinions...U must be joking here surely...We have seen some bad strikers over the years; loans and permanents...S Brown, C Reid..D Young..B Belgrave.. and many more since forgotten..But I think Theo is the worst ever and we miss him like a hole in the head
Theo isn't even the worst striker we've had this season (that would go to McCoulsky) let alone the 'worst ever'. He's a limited player but his runs behind the back line have caused a few teams problems this year, even if his finish often wasn't good enough. (Although honestly I think most of our players are just as bad at shooting, Theo was just more noticeable because he took more shots than most players in our team).

"I think Theo is the worst ever and we miss him like a hole in the head "

I cannot agree with that. Theo is an honest, pacy, hardworking footballer but admittedly limited in skills and talent. His honesty, pace and hard work make him streets ahead of several so-called forwards we have had in the past (and I've been a Shrimper for over sixty years). Having Theo in the team created space for Cox, and that's crucial for him. Norman Wabo could do the same and also seems to have the skills and talent that Theo lacks - but CP won't select him.

Back