• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Theo Robinson

we forget about Kelman who is scoring goals, Humphrey who is capable of scoring in league 2, with right services and Goodship who wouldn’t have trouble scoring in league 2, if we don’t put him on the wing.

Humphrys has got a goal scoring ratio of 1-in-3, for a Lg1 team who came within a whisker of being relegated, and then followed that up by being the worst professional team in the Country.

Forget what he could do at Lg2, imagine what he could do with a half decent Lg1 team.

Assuming we can keep Humphrys and Kelman of course. Our striking options are more likely to be Goodship, Acquah and Rush at the start of pre-season in my opinion.

It's a shame he's being released. We're going to need League Two strikers and Theo has proven himself at that level. Even if he was our player in League Two, I'm sure we'll manage to use him wrong.

I keep thinking what future threads Theo is going to appear on. Like the 'Players you didn't warm to' etc. Often criticised, heavily at times, but always got a good 'Theo' chant whenever he came on as he was mostly a sub and nobody has a bad word to say about him...

Sad times, I don't think we can afford to offer Theo a new contract at Col U due to the Coronavirus financial impact. All our off field events have been cancelled and they bring in a lot of cash to the club, as well as the loss of matchday revenue. As most of you probably know, Luke Prosser, Frank Nouble, Ryan Jackson and Brandon Comley who are all good players have already been told they won't be getting new contracts. If our finances hadn't been hit so badly I think they all would have been offered new deals. Football is going to be very different for a while and lots of players will be out of a job. Big Frank has also done a piece for his show, I know he winds some of you Shrimpers up sometimes, but his video is heartbreaking in some ways too.

Theo was never less than a great servant to Southend United. He always gave 100% when many others around him didn't seem to care less. His pace scared opposition defences. Sadly his ball control let him down on occasions but I don't think that any of our managers really gave him an extended run. Sad to see him go but I hope that he will secure a new club in the summer. Thanks Theo and I'm sorry for the way some of our more moronic fans treated you.

I think Theo is a fairly quiet guy who lacks a little confidence at times, in other words he needs to be loved! He has got on well with everyone in our dressing room and the fans have been very supportive of him. He has done really well considering this was his first season, we have played him in his strongest position most of the time and he has responded with several goals and some hard working performances. I think it has also helped him because he is playing with his mate big Frank, they are like brothers!

I'm one of the minority who always rated Theo. Probably because I used to play centre half at my low level, and shudder to think what he must be like to play against as a defender. He never gives them any peace whatsoever, off the ball he's fantastic.

Yes he's not going to win any prizes for his technique and he misses a few chances, but I don't think we have anyone else who is capable of making defenders work so hard. In football you are in possession for about two or three minutes of every 90, so it's just as important to be good off the ball than on it.

Who knows what the future holds for him - I think the football landscape is going to change significantly by the time we're all back in stadiums again. His goal tally for Col Ewe will put him in a good position, he's always going to score goals at that level. But if his future is away from Southend I wish him all the best, he always gave his all for us, and he comes across as a thoroughly decent fella with a young family who he puts first.

Sad times, I don't think we can afford to offer Theo a new contract at Col U due to the Coronavirus financial impact. All our off field events have been cancelled and they bring in a lot of cash to the club, as well as the loss of matchday revenue. As most of you probably know, Luke Prosser, Frank Nouble, Ryan Jackson and Brandon Comley who are all good players have already been told they won't be getting new contracts. If our finances hadn't been hit so badly I think they all would have been offered new deals.

Out of interest did you offer them contracts with reduced terms that you can afford?

Out of interest did you offer them contracts with reduced terms that you can afford?

No Robbie Cowling was upfront and honest with them and said unless things changed drastically he could not offer them any contract. He did this early to give them the best chance of getting their name out quickly as available for transfer. He said all Colchester players are paid fully and on time and he couldn't be certain he could do that for them in the forseeable future if they were awarded new contracts.He also wanted to make sure the financial future of the club was protected. He stressed this was purely a financial decision and was no reflection on the players ability.

No Robbie Cowling was upfront and honest with them and said unless things changed drastically he could not offer them any contract. He did this early to give them the best chance of getting their name out quickly as available for transfer. He said all Colchester players are paid fully and on time and he couldn't be certain he could do that for them in the forseeable future if they were awarded new contracts.He also wanted to make sure the financial future of the club was protected. He stressed this was purely a financial decision and was no reflection on the players ability.
Crickey, and people say Ron spins and weaves some bull!

Ron must be a visionary fortune teller. After all, he had his clear out of players in January, before many of us even knew about Covid19.

As for Theo..clearly a v decent Guy, as for a pro footballer, Hmm...Ill leave it there!

Theo was and is a one dimensional player, mainly fast and direct. However, that is good enough at L1 & L2 if used appropriately. He was good enough for us and Swindon and Colchester and will get picked up again I'm sure. Always worked hard gave a honest effort and conducted himself with dignity. Good luck Theo.

Being someone that actually knows and works with Theo personally, you lot sure do speak a lot of **** ???

Pray tell us how you have such an intimate relationship with Mr Robinson? I’m intrigued as to what your role is with him? Are you not confusing it with the bald white cop guy also called Theo, aka Kojack? “Who loves you baby!” ?

Really top bloke. I think we would be mad to not try and keep him if we go down
Agree with this. He does score goals and as others have said if we played to his strengths, as clearly Col ****e have then there is a player there. League 2 probably his level now and isnt he under contract anyway so still our player

Agree with this. He does score goals and as others have said if we played to his strengths, as clearly Col ****e have then there is a player there. League 2 probably his level now and isnt he under contract anyway so still our player
Fairly sure his contract expires end of june

Back