• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Theo Robinson

Seemed like a good chap - always tried his best when I saw him play but he had certain faults (such as a very heavy first touch) that were not in keeping with the fact he was a seasoned and experienced professional.

I remember how upset he was at Bradford away (I think) when Dru was charging towards goal. He had Kelman (to the left) in a good position and Robinson (to his right) in a better position. Dru passed to Kelman and he hit the side netting. Robinson looked absolutely gutted and it showed to me how much Robinson cared.

All the best to him.

Last edited:
Everybody canting 'shame' but I can't kick a ball as far as he needs to control it!
Not convinced he'll pull up any trees at Vale either.
We'll see...

Everybody canting 'shame' but I can't kick a ball as far as he needs to control it!
We'll see...

If we signed a League Two striker with Theo's record The Zone would be going crazy.

I'd rather have Theo back than rely on Goodship for goals this season.

Last edited:
We'll see...
He's averaged a goal every 168 minutes in his time on loan at Swindon and Colchester, that's a very good record. He needs the right players to feed him but if Port Vale set up to provide for him he should do well there.

Good luck to Theo in the urban wasteland that is Stoke-on-Trent. I hope he does really well, he seems a top bloke.

I see Theo has already been transfer listed by Port Vale, he is under contract until 2022 so they obviously want to cut their wage bill. I wouldn’t mind seeing him back at Colchester, but I think finances would be against that happening.

He'd probably work quite well in our team without having to play second fiddle to his co-forward. Feel sorry for the bloke, uprooted his kids to go up there.

Always thought we were crazy to let him go. Don’t understand why he wasn’t given a run out by Sol either.

Yes, MM and RM please note. Theo is a 100% effort man and a positive influence within the side. Get him back please.

Back