• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Theo Robinson

Sean 2

Director
Am i alone on here in thinking Robinson is slighty, maybe, just a little incy-wincy bit crap?

He never looks to pass when the pass is on. He always tries to find a way to shoot to the detriment of others in a much better position. His control leaves alot to be desired and he can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo when he is put through. Although he has good pace.

I see Barnard, Freedman, Laurent and Walker as better players.Another thing, he's not even ours.

At least he's fit i suppose:stunned:

I don't think he's crap. In fact I think he's quite good. But his main attribute is his pace and we've rarely exploited that in his time here, with the exception of Scunny last week.

Once Barnard, Freedman, Laurent and Walker are all fit then I'm not sure that I see a huge amount of point in playing Theo ahead of one of them. I doubt he'll be here next season.

:stunned: :nope: :net:

Not a 20 goal a season man, maybe 10-12, but creates space for others to use.

An improved Wayne Gray.

I think he's played a massive part in our recent results, infact I'd go as far as saying if we hadn't have signed him then we wouldn't have won 4 out of the last 6.

He is though, a little raw.

OK, i'll concede crap is a little harsh.
But Andy, it's certainly not a fishing exercise, i really don't rate the kid like some on here!

"An improved Wayne Gray"
....erm,that's actually not hard to improve!
*cue MK Shrimper to get me into a different argument*

Last edited:
i'll say he's not the best but he works very hard for the team and will score a few. makes endless amount of runs which i really like about him. always looking for the through ball. would choose him everytime over donkey boy freedman. think he'll be off in the summer anyway.

Theo would be excellent if we stuck him on the wing, prob is we have so little options for the front two that this would never get a look in.

If I were Tilly though I'd be tempted on Sat to put Theo wide right with Barney and Laurent (or Betsy) in the middle.

Lets all have a scapegoat, Lets all have a scapegoat :whistling: :whistling:

Na na na naaaa ;) :net:

Give the lad a chance. He's young and on loan and is playing up front for a team that can't put another fully fit forward on the pitch.

I despair sometimes at the wholly unwarranted criticism that some of our players get from supposedly our own supporters.

He may not be the best player in the world, but bearing mind the trouble we've had bring a player on loan I'm afraid we're going to make do for now.

:stunned: :nope: :net:

Not a 20 goal a season man, maybe 10-12, but creates space for others to use.

An improved Wayne Gray.

Yep, we've missed someone with pace since Wayne Gray left.

I don't think he's crap. In fact I think he's quite good. But his main attribute is his pace and we've rarely exploited that in his time here, with the exception of Scunny last week.

Once Barnard, Freedman, Laurent and Walker are all fit then I'm not sure that I see a huge amount of point in playing Theo ahead of one of them. I doubt he'll be here next season.

I doubt he'll be at Roots Hall next season - at least not with us - but I think we'll need to bring someone else in with pace as we look a lot better side once we have that option of the ball over the top. The likes of Laurent and Walker might not be slow, but they don't have that side of the game that Gray had and Robinson has. But before we can bring in another forward, we'll have to off-load a couple first.

This must be a wind up.
He did have a bad game tonight, weather conditions, unfit partner, no service, not helping his game, but he has been our best and most dangererous and most exciting striker this season by a Mile.

Give the lad a chance. He's young and on loan and is playing up front for a team that can't put another fully fit forward on the pitch.

I despair sometimes at the wholly unwarranted criticism that some of our players get from supposedly our own supporters.

He may not be the best player in the world, but bearing mind the trouble we've had bring a player on loan I'm afraid we're going to make do for now.

Exactly - Theo's been our main outlet for a while now being the ONLY consistently 100% fit striker. I think he's done really well, he was VERY raw when he first came, but does look now to see if others are around and is not at all daunted about the prospect of having a go if he's on his own - something which some of our other players could do well to learn.

Totally agree. Makes me sick to read the stuff some of our so called supporters write on here. This is a young lad that is still very much learning his trade and without him we would not have won any games recently. By far the best striker we have had all season.

Maybe Theo and the lads should come and observe all you moaners in your jobs but hey you're all perfect so I bet they wouldn't spot your faults !!!!!!!!!!

Theo's a good player. Could have passed it a little earlier last night and didn't hit the best shots, but he still looked the most dangerous player (probably not too hard but still).

I don't think you can judge Theo on last nights performance. He was, in effect, on his own up front because Laurent was just not fit enough to be on the pitch but we had no real other options.

Also the passing up to him wasn't as good as it has been (JFC - what happened??) and he was having trouble staying on his feet.

I though Macca was much better last night but there was still no real service up to the front. In fact most of our shots came from everyone else!

Robinson looked fairly dangerous but did make the wrong decision once or twice - that will come with experience, he's still a teenager I think. Would be better with Freedman but the chances of Dougie staying fit for more than 14 minutes at a time seem remote.

I don't think he is crap but I think he is greedy. He shoulda scored yesterday IMO

Back