• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Theo Robinson

...and I wish we could have afforded him too, but looks like Uncle Ron's got to find nearly three times that to keep the wolves from the door by October. Just musing on your point about midfield support for our strikers - Moose's goal on Tuesday was exactly as you've described, his being in the right place at the right time to volley Revell's knock-down velly well I thought...

yeah indeed. I mention on a different thread that we can't just rely on Moussa to do this (especially when covering Barrett). Macca and Grant need to get in and around the box. Grant was better at this than Macca on tuesday, where he had a decent shot saved in the box, and where he slipped Revell through with an absolutely superb pass (watch the highlights if you don't believe me!). Macca was sitting a bit too deep, but in general was fairly good and building things from the back and passing the ball out wide.

Also going from the highlights i think Granty was a bit unfortunate to be blamed for the first goal as he made a decent interception, just the ball then rebounded to the feet of the Hull player.

yeah indeed. I mention on a different thread that we can't just rely on Moussa to do this (especially when covering Barrett). Macca and Grant need to get in and around the box. Grant was better at this than Macca on tuesday, where he had a decent shot saved in the box, and where he slipped Revell through with an absolutely superb pass (watch the highlights if you don't believe me!). Macca was sitting a bit too deep, but in general was fairly good and building things from the back and passing the ball out wide.

Also going from the highlights i think Granty was a bit unfortunate to be blamed for the first goal as he made a decent interception, just the ball then rebounded to the feet of the Hull player.

Yes, I thought that criticism was harsh too - it was just bad luck. Even in my prime (;)), I wouldn't have been able to trap that - it just cannoned off him. Haven't seen the highlights, but his approach play is under-rated at times. He's got a good football brain and he'll bust a gut for you - I always like to see him start games as I think he gives good defensive cover and enables Francis to get forward, whose crosses have been 'well tasty' this season and got us goals at Cheltenham and Wycombe.

Lol, agreements mean nothing. You need a scribble on a contract, a gurning pic on the OS and some paper in the fax machine before he's yours

Did he sign for Huddersfield for free?

THought we passed on him as Watford wanted silly money for him?

We had actually agreed terms for him when huddersfield pounced with a bigger offer we couldn't compete with. Was in an interveiw on bluesworld at begining of season with Tilly.

Could be off to Millwall by all accounts... If he is available, I'd like us to look into the possibility of moving Barnard on and bringing Theo in.

Bringing Theo in would be great. We may need to sell first, which we can't really afford to do.

I'd really like us to go for him if (when) barney goes. I think he's class

If Millwall are after Robinson then does this mean they don't want Barnard, or are they keeping their options open?

£175k is the price being rumoured for him to Millwall. I wonder if we could afford him at that price? Would definatly be worth a go if we have the monies.

Back