• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Theo Robinson

I was at Notts County vs Scunthorpe in March and Theo made his debut for Scunny that afternoon (and scored). He played the central role in a 4-3-3 in between Madden & McSheffrey) and seemed very like he was for us - hard-working, strong and lightning quick. Good reaction finish for the goal too.

I'm surprised he hasn't made more of his career to be honest. I think he's made a few questionable moves.

I get the impression his head's not quite in it. He's been a bit nomadic, which is odd considering that one of his chief complaints when he was at Millwall was that he was struggling being so far away from the midlands. Were there not also a few grumbles of him being a bit aloof when he was with us? Might be a bit of a character to manage, and one few managers will take the time to understand and foster.

I get the impression his head's not quite in it. He's been a bit nomadic, which is odd considering that one of his chief complaints when he was at Millwall was that he was struggling being so far away from the midlands. Were there not also a few grumbles of him being a bit aloof when he was with us? Might be a bit of a character to manage, and one few managers will take the time to understand and foster.

Does he know where Portsmouth is?

They are building a hell of a team for next season if they get him too.

Now they've stopped going down the route of appointing absolute no mark managers, I think they will at the very least mount a Play Off challenge.

But that is one of the roles of being a manager in today's game isn't it? I know McDonough said that Webby never spoke to him but I think those days are over - well, I hope they are. Even if Browny doesn't have the time to spend with every player then there is always Penney and Coughlan - oh hang on, just Coughlan now ............... and some of the senior players like Barrett also have a role to play.

And there is nothing like being in the starting XI week after week, scoring and enjoying your football to put some of the troubles of the past to bed.

Not offered anything by Pompey according to this -
http://www.portsmouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=555265

That is very interesting. I'm not a fan of Paul Cook's "just got out of bed and into my track-suit" look but he has a reasonable track record as a manager that needs taking into consideration.

I am guessing that it is quite a long time since anyone has seen Robinson play so it's rather difficult to judge what his capabilities are now, isn't it?

I saw him play in March on his Scunthorpe debut. He played well, still looks very quick and scored a nice goal. He played on his own up front for Scunny and has done this pre-season for Portsmouth but played in a 4-4-2 for us so he can play both formations.

If we started the season with Mooney, Hunt & Robinson that would be very tasty. I wonder what Robinsons wage demands would be?

Totally agree, would be very interested to get him down for training and give Phil an opportunity to have a chat with him. He's that bit of pace we're currently missing upfront and would compliment Hunt/Mooney quite nicely. If he's been on trial at two League 2 teams then we'd certainly be able to get him in if we want him.

Still only 26 and could be a top singing if he can rekindle his best form.

Much preferable to 'bad egg' McLeod.
How do you know Robinson isn't a 'bad egg'? He's a very talented player yet he's had an unusually high turnover of clubs for someone of his age. Something isn't right if he can't find a club.

Back