• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Theo Robinson

I would much rather keep Barnard and have Robinson as our dream partnership.

What I saw of Scotty Spencer yesterday, I'm far more excited about a prospect of him and Barnard. Theo was incredibly greedy - and had an incredibly stupid hat on yesterday, but was obviously very popular with our players. It was all lovey dovey hugs!!!

I'd love us to bring in Theo, ideally to partner Barnard.

The only way I can see us affording to bring in Theo, would be via the money recieved from the Barnard sale.

Theo would offer us something different to what we have currently up top. He has directness, pace, scores goals, runs channels and puts defenders under pressure. He'd be a terrific signing, as shown by his loan spell for us.

Possibly not, but if/when Barnard goes we need to bring in at least one more forward into the Club, and Robinson would be an ideal choice.

No, he wouldn't, been there, done that. Theo was a greedy little whatsit, give me Scott Spencer every time!

No, he wouldn't, been there, done that. Theo was a greedy little whatsit, give me Scott Spencer every time!

But aren't all strikers greedy?

I can't be bothered to check the stats, but Robinson played the second half of the season for us and finished as second top scorer in the side that didn't offer much creativity, much like the side we have now.

He is reportedly unsettled up north, and would welcome a chance to move south, which we are.

He knows the players, the style of play, the management etc etc.

Better the devil you know and all that. I'd feel much better spending say £175K on Robinson, rather than on another out-of-favour striker who would have to settle in at the Club.

Were you there yesterday? Scotty Spencer looked far more settled than Theo Robinson ever did, am more than happy to continue with him!

Not a chance in hell of him coming back permanently. Anyone who thinks there is a chance needs to take a long hard look at what has been happening with us off the pitch this season.

A loan wouldn't be out of the question, as long as nobody higher in the table wants him, which is unlikely.

I'd take him in a heartbeat, especially as Tilly still doesn't seem to acknowledge that the midfield is the problem.

Were you there yesterday? Scotty Spencer looked far more settled than Theo Robinson ever did, am more than happy to continue with him!

No, I wasn't there.

How did he look more settled than Theo ever did? I'm really confused by that one.

I'm not saying Robinson should arrive, and Spencer spends the season on the bench. The only way Robinson would arrive would be off the back of Barnard departing so Robinson would partner Spencer.

Being part of a team. You know, this may sound racist, but I'm really concerned at the apparent black/white divide that seems to exist within our team. It needs to be addressed and pronto.

Being part of a team. You know, this may sound racist, but I'm really concerned at the apparent black/white divide that seems to exist within our team. It needs to be addressed and pronto.

Is there a divide at the Club? First I've seen anything to suggest it.

Wasn't Macca out with Morrison and Laurent the other night? Aren't Macca and Laurent meant to be at each others throats every week?

Just saying notice which players come and do the thanking, it appears to cross over into other areas. Full credit to Macca and Franny for putting their earlier differences behind them.

Back