• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If i'm Wright, with two Woody's and a Cox offering a Fortune to Turner, then OBL would refuse all Ba White. :winking:

:hilarious: Excellent work! A++

Just imagine Wordsworth Mc Glashen and Wright in midfield defensive duties. HELP ! New contracts being revised include a tenner a decent tackle

That's not their forte, Timlin is our best defensive midfielder now I think. It's just that Lenny could easily and quickly switch between the two roles. We need to start using our players to the best of their abilities, Woody is a creative attacking midfielder - Wright I've still not fully worked out. Glash can put in a bloody brilliant defensive tackle though, we've seen it.

If i'm Wright, with two Woody's and a Cox offering a Fortune to Turner, then OBL would refuse all Ba White. :winking:

Do you know who you actually are? If you are Wright, then you won't be lining up in midfield with that lot for a while

Glash can put in a bloody brilliant defensive tackle though, we've seen it.
It's something I really like about him. He works REALLY hard to get the ball back when we lose possession. Sometimes he buzzes around like an over-excited Jack Russell. But he does put in some really good tackles sometimes to get the ball back.

Living up here in Lincolnshire with lots of Lincoln-supporting friends, I think they would be very upset if they lost Woodyard and less than delighted to get Robinson back. Many of them are of the opinion that Woodyard is the player that makes their team tick.

We now have nobody that can tackle in midfield....very worrying...

Why oh why do we offer long term contracts to the like of Ranger and Robinson but not look to get our decent players under contract.The like of Lenny and Coker and now Oxley should have be penoffered the longest contracts immediately it is obvious they have something..,we always...always leave it too late...

We now have nobody that can tackle in midfield....very worrying...

Why oh why do we offer long term contracts to the like of Ranger and Robinson but not look to get our decent players under contract.The like of Lenny and Coker and now Oxley should have be penoffered the longest contracts immediately it is obvious they have something..,we always...always leave it too late...

To be fair, in the cases of Bentley, Payne and Leonard, all WERE offered decent contracts but chose to refuse them. If the player wants to move on then there's not really much that can be done. I do agree that Coker needs to have an improved contract offered asap, and would suggest that the injury situation is why this hasn't been done before.

We don't know the terms of Ranger's or Robinson's, but certainly in the case of Robinson, I would suggest it's the security of a long term contract that was important to him and that it won't actually be on a particularly high wage. Ranger's we know was riddled with clauses.

On Coker, he has been well below his high standards since returning (obviously not 100% fit), but I think it’s prudent for SUFC to wait to see if he can get back to the Coker of last few seasons before offering a new improved contract. Always hard to tell after that type of injury if a player can return to top performer / earner status.

I heard yesterday from my impeccable source that the nominal fee we had to pay Lincoln to secure his services last January was in fact £40k.
The whole deal looks rather expensive when added to the 3.5 years of his contract.

I heard yesterday from my impeccable source that the nominal fee we had to pay Lincoln to secure his services last January was in fact £40k.
The whole deal looks rather expensive when added to the 3.5 years of his contract.

That could be the strangest contract ever at Southend after a player has failed to impress.

Let's see what effect Chris Powell has on all the players...

i, for one, am a firm believer that good players don't become bad players in the space of a few months - it is either injury, fitness levels or psychological factors that will make the difference. We have no idea what that is in Theo's case, but we do know that a fair number of the senior players have consistently under-performed all season. Something was amiss behind the scenes, no idea what, so reserving judgement!

Back