• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lordfreddy

Schoolboy
Been awful for months now,doesn't bring anything to the team,can't finish,can't assist & awful decision making,really don't rate him at all

To be fair, I don't think he is awful, just better used as an impact sub. I think it worked for us last season when we started with Cox & Ranger, then used Robinson or Fortune late as fresh legs.

To be fair, I don't think he is awful, just better used as an impact sub. I think it worked for us last season when we started with Cox & Ranger, then used Robinson or Fortune late as fresh legs.
Agreed, Robinson has good pace and we did see it last night but he's not as good when he starts.

The decision to extend his contract is one of the more bizarre ones made by management. He didn't really justify it based on his time last season. Let's hope he finds some form. Could quite easily slip down the pecking order if Ranger returns and Ba kicks on

He's clearly woefully short of confidence. He needs to score a few goals. We know he has it in him, he's done it for us before - and others. He's not Frank Nouble where a genuine lack of ability is coupled with a suspect attitude. Before you say Frank looked better last night anyone could have looked awesome compared to the shocker of a performance our entire XI managed yesterday. Even then and even fired up Frank did no better really. Lack of form is temporary; lack of ability (and class) isn't.

I don't think he's a bad player but I'm not convinced he's the kind of player we should be looking to have in our squad. An improvement on O'Neill, Hines, Nouble, etc. but some way off our starting eleven.

I see why we signed him - a decent player and we desperately needed a striker.

I don't see why we've given him a new contract though considering he's barely started a game since he arrived. Can only imagine it's a re-structuring and he's demanded an extra year as part of the compromise.

I don't think he's a bad player but I'm not convinced he's the kind of player we should be looking to have in our squad. An improvement on O'Neill, Hines, Nouble, etc. but some way off our starting eleven.

I see why we signed him - a decent player and we desperately needed a striker.

I don't see why we've given him a new contract though considering he's barely started a game since he arrived. Can only imagine it's a re-structuring and he's demanded an extra year as part of the compromise.

Why ?....We can't have a squad all on Kightly's wages.

Yes he wouldn't be in most peoples starting 11 and had a poor game last night but that's the first one since his return. He can cover a couple of positions and has come off the bench and had some real good games. Remember at home to Oldham when we were down to 10 men and it was 0-0.

Why ?....We can't have a squad all on Kightly's wages.

Yes he wouldn't be in most peoples starting 11 and had a poor game last night but that's the first one since his return. He can cover a couple of positions and has come off the bench and had some real good games. Remember at home to Oldham when we were down to 10 men and it was 0-0.
I'm not saying we can't. What I mean is that if we are looking to strengthen our squad each season and get rid of the weakest links each season (as we did this summer), then Robinson may be one of those under consideration next summer.

I'm not saying we can't. What I mean is that if we are looking to strengthen our squad each season and get rid of the weakest links each season (as we did this summer), then Robinson may be one of those under consideration next summer.

We haven't finished this summer yet so lets worry about Rotherham on Saturday. Theo will play an important and big part this season especially with Ranger not available. Lets see where we are in May. After all since Saturday we have dropped to 16/1 for the title and 8/1 for promotion. Or if some of you prefer after last night..... 8/1 for relegation.

Theo's fine as a squad player and scores goals.

He works well as an impact sub and will improve as he settles in more.

It's still early days yet and he has the right attitude. Unlike the likes of Hunt and Barnett in the recent past.

I think we should consider ourselves fortunate to have such a good choice of attacking players at the club, including those with goals in them from midfield.

Theo is a plus for our squad, IMHO.

As 'Rigsby' said, I didn't see anyone moaning when we were all singing "Theo, Theo" as he smashed that header past Oldham last season. That's Oldham, with one of the best defensive records in League One in 2016-17.

A striker is generally only as good as the service he receives.

Yes Robinson had a really poor game last night , but you cannot say that Cox , Fortune or Ba really looked good either. Our non existent wing play last night or our ability to win the midfield battle meant that our forwards were feeding off scraps, and indeed our play from the back resorted all too often to a hoof it up to the oppositions big centre backs + try to win the 2nd ball ( we never did )

At Rotherham we should revert back to last Saturdays team , and more importantly style of play. Maybe the fact that Blackburn didnt really hassle us like Newport did made us look better than we really are.... but with the calming influence of Ferdinand, the tenacity of Timlin + the quality of Kightly we should be so much better than last night

Theo for me will be 5th choice when Ranger is fit

Cox
Fortune
Ranger
Ba
Robinson

He is a squad player, he has pace and offers something Cox Ranger Fortune dont. (No idea about Ba, not seen him)

Useful to have to bring on late in games where his pace will cause problems, but wont be starting many.

Was a panic signing in my opinion. Was way down the list of strikers Brown wanted. Never been prolific but does cause problems with his pace.

Not sure why Theo is being singled out for a battering. He offers pace which is something we do lack up top but he will be more useful being used as a sub late on in games coming on against tired legs. Never going to be a prolific goalscorer but his pace does make him an asset

Was a panic signing in my opinion. Was way down the list of strikers Brown wanted. Never been prolific but does cause problems with his pace.

How can it be a panic signing when we already had him, chose to extend his contract, signed Ba and have Ranger coming back, and still have a month left of the transfer window?

He is a squad player, he has pace and offers something Cox Ranger Fortune dont. (No idea about Ba, not seen him)

Useful to have to bring on late in games where his pace will cause problems, but wont be starting many.

Not sure why Theo is being singled out for a battering. He offers pace which is something we do lack up top but he will be more useful being used as a sub late on in games coming on against tired legs. Never going to be a prolific goalscorer but his pace does make him an asset

Yeah, wot they both said.

Back