• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I think Theo is good enough to ply his trade in Lg 1. Its not how he starts the season but how he performs throughout. Lets wait and see.

On the face of it it was a strange move but without knowing the specifics of the new contract vs the old contract it's difficult to be too critical of it.
You seem to be suggesting that we should include facts in our debates- that will never catch on, ridiculous idea

Is not bashing and I think we have an excellent squad. I just do not think many people believe that Theo is a first choice starter. On that basis it seemed a bit strange to extend the contract of a regular non-starter regardless of last night where it would appear much of the team was poor

Every squad has regular non starters, John White isnt going to play 30 games this season (despite a good start).

Timlin another one.

They can still add value and warrant new contracts though.

Why is it that every season, fans have to single out a player to vent their frustrations ? Theo is a decent league One player. Experienced, has a good scoring record and I would suggest a good character (otherwise PB wouldn't have signed him). We didn't play very well in the 2nd half last night, but by no means was Theo our worst player out there. :blush:

Because people want to vent after a defeat and if there is no simple reason to pin it on its easy to pick out a player.

Its like Paul Smith when every action was analysed and he was blamed for everything. In the end he even got criticised for saving a penalty with the wrong hand. People like a scapegoat.

Will always happen.

Supply last night from the wings was almost non existent, not much to work with to be fair to Theo

The best cross of the night was from Theo onto Cox's head. After he had been put through by Yearwood.

I have a drum I like to bang regularly and I will get on it again.
at this level of football, a bloke with a big arse is worth his weight in gold. We have MAF, we should have Ranger but don't. Without Ranger we are missing a target man to hold the ball up.
Theo, like Cox, plays better when someone else is doing this part of the donkey work. If we could find ourselves another one of those we'd be better as a team and the players would be better as individuals.

Never went BUT it's the dopey league cup which we are normally rubbish in.

Some of you are going overboard about this one game....first thing is get 53 points then see where we go.

I have a drum I like to bang regularly and I will get on it again.
at this level of football, a bloke with a big arse is worth his weight in gold. We have MAF, we should have Ranger but don't. Without Ranger we are missing a target man to hold the ball up.
Theo, like Cox, plays better when someone else is doing this part of the donkey work. If we could find ourselves another one of those we'd be better as a team and the players would be better as individuals.

Sorted! Get Nicky Bailey back and put him up front. He was one hell of an arse.

A Lincoln mate has just messaged me to say Theo Robinson is going back there. Anyone heard more on that?

And here's to you, Theo Robinson
Lincoln loves you more than you will know
Wo wo wo
God bless you, please, Theo Robinson
Football holds a place for those who play
Ever-y day, hey hey hey

We'd like to sack you and get you off our files
We'd like to help you learn to help yourself
Look around you all you see are unsympathetic eyes
Stroll around Sincil Bank until you feel at home.

Wo wo wo
Ever-y day, hey hey hey

Sitting in Roots Hall on a Saturday afternoon
Going to the SZ match thread debate
Laugh about it, shout about it
When you've got to choose
Every way you look at this you lose

Where have you gone, Nile Ranger
Our club turns its lonely eyes to you
Wu wu wu
What's that you say, Theo Robinson
Jolting Nile has left and gone away
Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey

Wo wo wo
Ever-y day, hey hey hey

We'd like to sack you and get you off our files
We'd like to help you learn to help yourself
Look around you all you see are unsympathetic eyes
Stroll around Sincil Bank until you feel at home.

Wo wo wo
Ever-y day, hey hey hey

Sitting in Roots Hall on a Saturday afternoon
Going to the SZ match thread debate
Laugh about it, shout about it
When you've got to choose
Every way you look at this you lose

Where have you gone, Nile Ranger
Our club turns its lonely eyes to you
Wu wu wu
What's that you say, Theo Robinson
Jolting Nile has left and gone away
Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey

Very good!

Please God. Absolute insanity offering him a three year deal. He is utter toilet.

But very good at Lincoln- so a good move all round especially as they are in the league now (maybe even also L1 next year)

But very good at Lincoln- so a good move all round especially as they are in the league now (maybe even also L1 next year)

Yeah, my Lincoln mate seems happy enough with the idea of him going back there. And certainly good news for us, he just hasn't done it this time around.

Back