• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Prawn

It’s another time in Southend United’s history where there are events occurring off the pitch. Inevitably, Shrimperzone is feeling the full heat of fans’ opinions and their many vents. I don’t often post on here, and when I do, I only seem to do it when I believe a point which is being made is embarrassingly ridiculous. But this evening
Lots have happened over the last few days. On sacking Sunday, Paul was ‘dismissed’, and offered to lead the team out. Although the timing of this was ludicrous, I have to say, I do agree with the chairmans point that it will give PB an option to get to know the team, plus it will also give, hopefully, a kick up the *** to try and push for a playoff position. I know you all agree with me, that we are not a league two club. We don’t deserve to be fighting out way through - but we are, that’s how the cookie is crumbling.

What confuses be about the posts on, is what hypocrites some seem to be. On Sunday there were views that despite a probably poor decision it was to sack Paul, it was a nice offer for the club to suggest he lead the team out on the 7th. Now he has declined that offer and has decided to travel with us on the day, people seem to be saying the offer should never have been suggested to him. But honestly, stepping back - can you possibly imagine the rage there would have been if Paul was just given the boot and the praise of Wembley gone to Phil Brown? We would have been up in arms - even more so! This is just one example of what I can’t get my head around.

Next month, I will have been a fan for 16 years and it seems our chairman is the butt off all your nasty comments. And they are nasty, I know you may be angry, but some of the banter which is tossed around isn’t nice to direct to anyone, or any organization. If Ron had thrown the towel in 4/5 years ago, do you really think we would have a club? Of course we wouldn’t. If you think we would, you’re kidding yourself, you really are. No wealth investor would have taken on a club shattered and balancing on the brink of a sheer cliff face. We unquestionably would have been wound up. We wouldn’t still be in league two. We would have fallen far from it. I’m not saying we need to thank Ron, but those of you on here which seem to despise him for the sake of ‘banter’ need to realize, he has saved this club.
I don’t know for certain, but I can have a guess that he would not be here if the stadium wouldn’t be happening. It’s pure cynicalism to think it won’t be happening and it’s still a dream. I do genuinely believe Martin has his best interested in the club, and part of that interest is to deliver us a new home we can all be proud of.

There was a post on here the other day about the recent sacking of Paul has ruined Wembley for some. Well there is only one thing I can say to that. Don’t come. And I hope you feel the same towards those people.
If you won’t be singing your heart out, If you would be stamping your feet with pride and celebrating like there’s no tomorrow despite the outcome, then you don’t deserve to be at Wembley next week.

The club knows what it’s doing in the long run, I am assured of it - and I don’t think I have given myself that in false belief. The short term will, and has been a bumpy ride... but I’m a fan of a theme park, and a bumpy roller coaster of a ride is always worth it at the end.

On Monday, I will go to the match, proud we still a club in league two, proud we may still have a chance of promotion, and exceptionally proud and excited for Wembley. I’m getting behind out team and doing what I do best and supporting. For those that wish to join me, there’s plenty of room.

if you had used more badly placed indents I would have said that you are RM and I claim my £5

if you had used more badly placed indents I would have said that you are RM and I claim my £5

In line with Mr Cameron and his government policy of austerity in these current times , we are afraid the prize will have to be reduced to £4 :smile:

"For those that wish to join me, there’s plenty of room."

Yep - those 30,000 Wembley glory hunters will be elsewhere.

I do genuinely believe Martin has his best interested in the club,

I thought that once, and held on longer than a lot of others, I genuinely cant remember which lie tipped me over the edge, there have been that many.

He needs it to go through to save his skin. We need it to go through to save our club. An unfortunate and painful marriage of convenience and for now our destinies are inextricably linked.

I

There was a post on here the other day about the recent sacking of Paul has ruined Wembley for some. Well there is only one thing I can say to that. Don’t come. And I hope you feel the same towards those people.
If you won’t be singing your heart out, If you would be stamping your feet with pride and celebrating like there’s no tomorrow despite the outcome, then you don’t deserve to be at Wembley next week.
Sorry but I take the above as a massive insult . Many of us are quite capable of not being happy about the situation, but still going to Wembley and cheering on the team like there is no tomorrow . Why don't we deserve to go ? The fact we are annoyed is because we care ! How arrogant to say those supporters don't deserve to go just because they don't agree with your view of the world.

I don’t often post on here,

Good job too, if I am reading that right.

If we're not happy with the way Ron Martin has mismanaged our club, not once but time and time again, then we don't deserve to be at Wembley. Arrant nonsense.

The more discerning supporter will be disappointed, not proud, if we are still a club in League Two come the end of the season.

Sorry but I take the above as a massive insult . Many of us are quite capable of not being happy about the situation, but still going to Wembley and cheering on the team like there is no tomorrow . Why don't we deserve to go ? The fact we are annoyed is because we care ! How arrogant to say those supporters don't deserve to go just because they don't agree with your view of the world.

You have misunderstood what I was saying. The original post, posted the other day, said the events of the past week will ruin the day for them. I was merely stating, if that's the case then they should not go. Not those that think the club is mismanaged. God no. Those that think the Sunday's events have ruined the day for them.
If they genuinely think the day will be ruined then they shouldn't go. I just don't believe them. I think it's more they're posting on here some extreme coment to create a reaction.

The world of football is like Star Wars. You need light and dark side. One day Uncle Ron may end up admitting he is the father of Steve Tilson and Paul Sturrock will just be another blue hologram (with Sir Bobby, and Webby). Which must make Bilel Chewbacca then.

The world of football is like Star Wars. You need light and dark side. One day Uncle Ron may end up admitting he is the father of Steve Tilson and Paul Sturrock will just be another blue hologram (with Sir Bobby, and Webby). Which must make Bilel Chewbacca then.

All well and good, but we all know that the light sabres don't filter down to the lower divisions. I have an image of 30,000 Ewoks calling for Yoda to replace one of our holograms up front. Nah, we're Blakes Seven or the Tomorrow People at best.

Back