• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Did any of them? David Davies spend more time in the toilet that he did negotiating a deal.

Thought his performance on Question Time earlier was duplicitous to say the least.He clearly didn't want to say that he (obviously) hadn't voted for the PM earlier this week.That sort of "loyalty" won't get him very far in his next failed Tory leadership bid,sometime in 2019.

Last edited:
Thought his performance on Question Time earlier was duplicitous to say the least.He clearly didn't want to say that he (obviously) hadn't voted for the PM earlier this week.That sort of "loyalty" won't get him very far in his next failed Tory leadership bid,sometime in 2019.

Why then? May is the fall girl so she will be in for a lot more yet. Brexit is like the Eastern front for Labour, they are just stuck in the snow and haven't got a clue where to go. They are just going to sit their and freeze to death

The next leader will be one of the big leave boys like Boris or JRM who will be the only choice for the 18m leave voters.....Nicely timed before Farage or anyone else gets an alternative/ukip kind of party off the ground.

With the leave vote split between the remain whinging Liberals and the we did nothing because its all the Tories fault Labour. It leaves millions of 'don't normally vote' Brexiteers and labour leavers only one place to go.....I'm am already hearing plenty of old school labour voters saying how much they like JRM....He is the next thing to Honesty after Farage.

Result: Comfortable Tory win.

NB. Sensible Labour/Liberal/ independent/non voters/ and even people who daren't speak on the zone, like Tory voters are welcome to challenge my theory.

Why then? May is the fall girl so she will be in for a lot more yet. Brexit is like the Eastern front for Labour, they are just stuck in the snow and haven't got a clue where to go. They are just going to sit their and freeze to death

The next leader will be one of the big leave boys like Boris or JRM who will be the only choice for the 18m leave voters.....Nicely timed before Farage or anyone else gets an alternative/ukip kind of party off the ground.

With the leave vote split between the remain whinging Liberals and the we did nothing because its all the Tories fault Labour. It leaves millions of 'don't normally vote' Brexiteers and labour leavers only one place to go.....I'm am already hearing plenty of old school labour voters saying how much they like JRM....He is the next thing to Honesty after Farage.

NB. Sensible Labour/Liberal/ independent/non voters/ and even people who daren't speak on the zone, like Tory voters are welcome to challenge my theory.
Political satire at its best.

(I'm glad to say) he makes my wife cringe every time he comes on the box. You working class Tories do love a plummy,Eton accent,don't you? There's absolutely no chance of him or Bojo ever leading the Tories,unfortunately.

(I'm glad to say) he makes my wife cringe every time he comes on the box. You working class Tories do love a plummy,Eton accent,don't you? There's absolutely no chance of him or Bojo ever leading the Tories,unfortunately.

Not sure who 'you' is aimed at.

I think its similar to the army. soldiers prefer a 'Rupert' as they have a better respect for each other. where as a 'Ranker'. someone who started as one of them, always treats then worse

As we know even from the Zone its the lefties who are the 21s century middle class who despise the real working class. By modern middle class I mean those that have developed their politics in an attempt to fit in and impress in the student union bar. The sort who end up working for the BBC and not only abusing their white privilege but hating the people who's hard work allows them to be where they are.

One note of caution here before the bunting gets put out - the word is that this is a non-binding vote that would cause embarrassment but would not automatically lead to repercussions, like a traditional binding vote.

We have to assume that Labour feel they have more chance of winning if the vote is non-binding, at which point they will probably try to push the same action as if it had been a binding vote - even though they didn’t have the balls to actually call that type of vote.

It's a motion expressing no confidence in her rather than the government. The DUP previously indicated they would support this. Apparently if successful it would not result in a GE as it falls outside the Fixed Term Parliament Act, so just a censure motion without any constitutional implications. No point in a no confidence motion against the government at this stage as the DUP would not back it.

Yep that’s it @blues exile I’ve just been reading the details. For what it’s worth I’d bet she’ll lose this, but ride it out to Christmas by which time it will be yesterday’s news. Everyone will have a view on the rights and wrongs of all of this (on all sides) but that’s what I think might happen.

She is fighting for reassurances over the backstop from the EU. What she's not getting is that even if she gets them, they are not legally binding, so she can get as many promises as possible, and her deal will still not get the vote of Parliament. So she's just wasting everybody's time. It's just crazy.

One note of caution here before the bunting gets put out - the word is that this is a non-binding vote that would cause embarrassment but would not automatically lead to repercussions, like a traditional binding vote.

We have to assume that Labour feel they have more chance of winning if the vote is non-binding, at which point they will probably try to push the same action as if it had been a binding vote - even though they didn’t have the balls to actually call that type of vote.
Didn't have the balls!!
One of the main Tory rebels voted against his own amendment.
DUP accepted £1bn of funds to their region in exchange for voting with the government then voted against them 3 times in one day.
Why trust these people not to evaporate into thin air when you play your joker?

Labour said they would afford the government time to cut a deal with the EU. May is taking the **** now, this is her wake up call, it's not the end game.

A bit of savvy is worth more than making your move too early just to show you have the balls to.

Didn't have the balls!!
One of the main Tory rebels voted against his own amendment.
DUP accepted £1bn of funds to their region in exchange for voting with the government then voted against them 3 times in one day.
Why trust these people not to evaporate into thin air when you play your joker?

Labour said they would afford the government time to cut a deal with the EU. May is taking the **** now, this is her wake up call, it's not the end game.

A bit of savvy is worth more than making your move too early just to show you have the balls to.

:Hilarious: Yeah, ok then

Back