• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Being totally honest, absolutely ****ing awful.

However, it is saying something when her sh!tshow can't be overthrown by the inept Corbyn. If there was a hint of a decent opposition, May would have been toast by now

Wait until the local elections in May.You (and quite a few other Tories) will get an early New Year reminder that the Maybot's government is living on borrowed time.London,in particular,will be a big wake up call.If she lasts until May ,of course.:winking:

Being totally honest, absolutely ****ing awful.

However, it is saying something when her sh!tshow can't be overthrown by the inept Corbyn. If there was a hint of a decent opposition, May would have been toast by now

I think you are wrong, the Tory Newspapers threw everything to discredit JC, and still the support got bigger, now they lay off him as the publicity will only enhance his position.
Labour movement is on the rise whether you agree or not and like Brown days of power where Cameroon didnot have to say a word or a promise, the same canbe said for JC. The tories are in deep trouble even the most ardent supporter can see this, and it doesnot matter how you spin it, I believe they are lower in popularity than Labours Brown days
Politics need healthy opposition, but for the past few years it has gone stale, JC offers a difference, we now have a left wing party, a middle ground party and a right wing party, let the baiting begin on the benches

UTS

in 2017 Labour had the biggest increase in vote since 1945. May called an election because she expected to be 20% ahead of Labour but instead she lost Cameron's majority and had to buy herself back into government. It certainly wasn't the LibDems or UKIP that were taking her voters. She is awful but one of the reasons that is highlighted is because the Tory campaign was so much worse than Labour's and that the Tory manifesto was so much worse than Labour's. Without that comparison she may not seem so bad.

Wait until the local elections in May.You (and quite a few other Tories) will get an early New Year reminder that the Maybot's government is living on borrowed time.London,in particular,will be a big wake up call.If she lasts until May ,of course.:winking:

I think you are wrong, the Tory Newspapers threw everything to discredit JC, and still the support got bigger, now they lay off him as the publicity will only enhance his position.
Labour movement is on the rise whether you agree or not and like Brown days of power where Cameroon didnot have to say a word or a promise, the same canbe said for JC. The tories are in deep trouble even the most ardent supporter can see this, and it doesnot matter how you spin it, I believe they are lower in popularity than Labours Brown days
Politics need healthy opposition, but for the past few years it has gone stale, JC offers a difference, we now have a left wing party, a middle ground party and a right wing party, let the baiting begin on the benches

You're all saying the same thing, Labour are on the rise, the Tories are at their weakest, JC's time is coming!!

The one thing you's don't grasp is, that people like yourselves, who were already Labour supporters, aren't the target audience. The Labour Party, despite their upturn in popularity, still haven't managed to convince the core opposition that JC is the right man for the job. And that's despite May's poor tenure (which as OBL said, was a poisoned chalice to begin with)

And let's have it right, the sudden upshot in support for Corbyn, has mainly come from the young people's vote, off the back of a tumultuous Brexit saga, where they think he's the one to save them all.

Undoubtedly some people have crossed over to the Corbyn camp, but he'll never get the support he wants. He has rubbed too many people the wrong way, through his policies, his actions & through his connections. I don't have faith in Theresa May, but I have even less faith in Corbyn & his racist, abacus using, wig-wearing sidekick taking charge.

You can talk a good game til you're blue in the face, but results are what matters, and so far, with Corbyn in charge, Labour have gone from losing games 7-0, to only losing 5-3.

You have forgotten the most important voter GBJ

The forgotten youth, 16-17 year olds who cannot vote yet, and cannot get jobs or on the Housing lists, who see NHS on its knees, shafted by years of broken promises, they are now voting next time around

UTS

You're all saying the same thing, Labour are on the rise, the Tories are at their weakest, JC's time is coming!!

The one thing you's don't grasp is, that people like yourselves, who were already Labour supporters, aren't the target audience. The Labour Party, despite their upturn in popularity, still haven't managed to convince the core opposition that JC is the right man for the job. And that's despite May's poor tenure (which as OBL said, was a poisoned chalice to begin with)

And let's have it right, the sudden upshot in support for Corbyn, has mainly come from the young people's vote, off the back of a tumultuous Brexit saga, where they think he's the one to save them all.

Undoubtedly some people have crossed over to the Corbyn camp, but he'll never get the support he wants. He has rubbed too many people the wrong way, through his policies, his actions & through his connections. I don't have faith in Theresa May, but I have even less faith in Corbyn & his racist, abacus using, wig-wearing sidekick taking charge.

You can talk a good game til you're blue in the face, but results are what matters, and so far, with Corbyn in charge, Labour have gone from losing games 7-0, to only losing 5-3.

The latest polls suggest it's much closer to a draw at the moment. But this is a thread about May rather than Labour/Corbyn.

What should May do now given her own cabinet has just ignored her reshuffle attempts?

You have forgotten the most important voter GBJ

The forgotten youth, 16-17 year olds who cannot vote yet, and cannot get jobs or on the Housing lists, who see NHS on its knees, shafted by years of broken promises, they are now voting next time around

UTS

A worrying thought. Again, the youth are being sucked into politics via the Brexit Storm, which gives them a biased stance straight away. How many 16-17 years olds voting for JC, will actually do their research & look at it from a neutral point of view, and how many will simply summise;
Tory = Brexit
Labour = opposition to Tory
UKIP = racism
SNP = Irn Bru, Whiskey & Scottish problems
Green = Trees

That being said, will those millions of 16-17 years olds fare better than their predecessors, and actually get off their arses to vote?

The latest polls suggest it's much closer to a draw at the moment. But this is a thread about May rather than Labour/Corbyn.

What should May do now given her own cabinet has just ignored her reshuffle attempts?

Polls are as reliable as Barna's predictions

She's damned if she does & damned if she doesn't really. I can't see where she goes & what she should do TBH. The Tory party is a mess. Like I said, I have no faith in them solving anything.

No the youngsters are being sucked in ,because of a breathe of fresh air, that makes them interested in politics
If we can kick out the old fuddy duddys who think the way forward is 1980s and 1990s policies, who left a landscape bare of Industries and housing and hospitals, then it is a giant leap forward

I respect your opinion as a Tory/UKIP/Libdem, but do not underestimate the youth, it's their future

The Tories can only win if the next election is about Brexit, which of course it will be.

If Labour had actually got on with it and made Brexit easier, then the next GE would be fought on domestic issues, which would suit JC. Unfortunately for him, his screaming supporters, like the ones on here are the best weapon the Tories have. In trying to overturn democracy and closing down the UKIP vote they only increase Tory numbers.

What they don't get is the bigger the mess made of Brexit the more likely people will warm to the next Tory leader like Boris or someone similar.

Just like when I had to deal with Union matters you can always rely on the screaming left, with their own selfish elitist agenda to spoil it for the very people they claim to be representing.

The Tories can only win if the next election is about Brexit, which of course it will be.

If Labour had actually got on with it and made Brexit easier, then the next GE would be fought on domestic issues, which would suit JC. Unfortunately for him, his screaming supporters, like the ones on here are the best weapon the Tories have. In trying to overturn democracy and closing down the UKIP vote they only increase Tory numbers.

What they don't get is the bigger the mess made of Brexit the more likely people will warm to the next Tory leader like Boris or someone similar.

Just like when I had to deal with Union matters you can always rely on the screaming left, with their own selfish elitist agenda to spoil it for the very people they claim to be representing.

Really? The 2017 GE did see an en masse voter migration away from UKIP, but it certainly wasn't to the Tories.

Really? The 2017 GE did see an en masse voter migration away from UKIP, but it certainly wasn't to the Tories.

Only in Traditional labour places. Once the dust settles the UKIP vote in the vital swing constituency's will not be going to JC.

Out of interest Riggers, what Fire station were you stationed and years served, just curious ?

No the youngsters are being sucked in ,because of a breathe of fresh air, that makes them interested in politics
If we can kick out the old fuddy duddys who think the way forward is 1980s and 1990s policies, who left a landscape bare of Industries and housing and hospitals, then it is a giant leap forward

I respect your opinion as a Tory/UKIP/Libdem, but do not underestimate the youth, it's their future

Where is this breath of fresh air? The racist Dianne Abbott? The delusional Emily Thornberry? I wouldn't trust these cretins to take the bins out the night before collection, let alone run a country. What on earth have they said to entice youngsters into politics?

Whilst I'd happily agree with you that the old fuddy duddys do indeed need outing, I simply refuse to accept that the likes of Corbyn & his ilk are in any way a better replacement. I'll admit that his image has become a lot more friendly & likeable. Like some hip old grandad, who'd send you a birthday card in the post with £3 sellotaped inside, telling you not to spend it all of sweets, but then gets rat arsed on Port at Christmas & dances wildly around the living room to Skepta & Kano. Whilst that demeanour may seem a breath of fresh air to the gullible, all it does is glosses over who he really is; A wolf in sheep a clothing. A sneaky inept man, who makes bad choices & has terrorist friends. The last time we had a Labour leader who fitted that mould & subsequesntly connected with the youth, we as a country ended up as part of an illegal war, which cost the lives of thousands, and produced the current terrorist threat that the entire West is facing.

I don't underestimate the youth, I think I've estimated them fairly & with good cause. The large majority haven't got the capabilities of thinking further than getting smashed at the weekend. I know, as it was only 10-12 years ago, I was exactly the same & the very mention of politics, or the future was enough to bore me to the very core. It's the way it's been for donkeys years. The youth simply don't care about politics.

The ONLY difference this time around, is we've had a monumental referendum, which due to its publicised nature, a lot of youngsters have been forced to hear about politics. Unfortunately a lot of them won't actually delve deeper than soundbytes promising them that they'll be saved if they vote a certain way.

Where is this breath of fresh air? The racist Dianne Abbott? The delusional Emily Thornberry? I wouldn't trust these cretins to take the bins out the night before collection, let alone run a country. What on earth have they said to entice youngsters into politics?

Whilst I'd happily agree with you that the old fuddy duddys do indeed need outing, I simply refuse to accept that the likes of Corbyn & his ilk are in any way a better replacement. I'll admit that his image has become a lot more friendly & likeable. Like some hip old grandad, who'd send you a birthday card in the post with £3 sellotaped inside, telling you not to spend it all of sweets, but then gets rat arsed on Port at Christmas & dances wildly around the living room to Skepta & Kano. Whilst that demeanour may seem a breath of fresh air to the gullible, all it does is glosses over who he really is; A wolf in sheep a clothing. A sneaky inept man, who makes bad choices & has terrorist friends. The last time we had a Labour leader who fitted that mould & subsequesntly connected with the youth, we as a country ended up as part of an illegal war, which cost the lives of thousands, and produced the current terrorist threat that the entire West is facing.

I don't underestimate the youth, I think I've estimated them fairly & with good cause. The large majority haven't got the capabilities of thinking further than getting smashed at the weekend. I know, as it was only 10-12 years ago, I was exactly the same & the very mention of politics, or the future was enough to bore me to the very core. It's the way it's been for donkeys years. The youth simply don't care about politics.

The ONLY difference this time around, is we've had a monumental referendum, which due to its publicised nature, a lot of youngsters have been forced to hear about politics. Unfortunately a lot of them won't actually delve deeper than soundbytes promising them that they'll be saved if they vote a certain way.

Wow no point in arguing with that view, basically insults my daughter who is training to be councillor for kids and my son who is training to be a Doctor

UTS

Wow no point in arguing with that view, basically insults my daughter who is training to be councillor for kids and my son who is training to be a Doctor

UTS

I didn't say every youngster? Whilst your son & daughter may be willing to immerse themselves in the world of politics, and be perfectly capable of making unbiased decisions, there are thousands who won't be. That's just facts.

Just look at the turnout figures of 18-24 year olds:

2001 - 40%
2005 - 38%
2010 - 44%
2015 - 43%

Last years snap election saw that low turnout trend change, where 57% of 18-19 year olds voted, whilst the 20-24 age bracket saw a 59% turnout. Which like I said, the added interest is due to the fallout of Brexit.

How old are your kids by the way? Do they vote & Have they voted before?

Most ordinary people are not that interested in Brexit.They are however,as the opinion polls show,interested in issues like the NHS,housing etc,which is why Labour will win the next general election.

Ps The Tories will most likely **** up on a Brexit deal too.

Most ordinary people are not that interested in Brexit.They are however,as the opinion polls show,interested in issues like the NHS,housing etc,which is why Labour will win the next general election.

Not in Spain maybe but here in Britain they are.

The Tories like May want to **** up Brexit, I thought you would have worked that out along while ago. It suits them both personally and politically.

Not in Spain maybe but here in Britain they are.

The Tories like May want to **** up Brexit, I thought you would have worked that out along while ago. It suits them both personally and politically.

No,actually, I was talking about the UK. And,in fact, merely repeating a comment made by the Daily Politics presenter,Andrew Neil on the DP show earlier.

Think you'll find that quite a few Labour members (especially in the PLP) would like May to **** up Brexit too.:winking:

Last edited:
Various London stations. Mainly Bethnal Green and Dagenham.....What about you ?

None I’m afraid as I don’t like heights, but my wife her family have been in the service from London and Basildon and were very supportive of the Union just wondered if they knew of you
I’ll ask them if they served in Bethnal Green and you may know them as you were a Shop steward and they were very much into the Union

Basically in the 70s, 80s and to late 90s surname “Sanders”
Could be a small world

UTS

Yougov suggest that Brexit is most commonly picked (60%) by people as one of their top 3 current issues. Finding consistent throughout 2017. Latest poll (Jan 2018) has health closely behind.

https://yougov.co.uk/publicopinion/archive/?category=political-trackers

Obviously there are issues with framing 'brexit' because of the uncertainty about what it'll actually do/mean

Back