• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nor should she. Corbyn LOST - massively - a vote of the PLP and stayed on. Look forward to him suggesting she should resign at the next PMQs because she’ll tear him a new one (again).
labour gained 10% of the popular vote at the last GE that May voluntarily decided to call. Pretty clear who the loser is and Corbyn/Labour will continue to bide time.

I'm not even a Corbyn fan but watching PMQs May was clearly struggling. Weird how we've ending up in a situation where describing parliament is like commentating on a wrestling match, and democracy can be denied by someone sneaking in and stealing a large gold mace.

labour gained 10% of the popular vote at the last GE that May voluntarily decided to call. Pretty clear who the loser is and Corbyn/Labour will continue to bide time.

I'm not even a Corbyn fan but watching PMQs May was clearly struggling. Weird how we've ending up in a situation where describing parliament is like commentating on a wrestling match, and democracy can be denied by someone sneaking in and stealing a large gold mace.

I think she would have to be made of ice to have not shown any emotion to be fair.
I thought Corbyn had her on the ropes for most of his 6 questions but as usual with him, didn't deliver the knockout blow.
This must be the moment the opposition have been waiting for, are the brave enough to go for it?

I think she would have to be made of ice to have not shown any emotion to be fair.
I thought Corbyn had her on the ropes for most of his 6 questions but as usual with him, didn't deliver the knockout blow.
This must be the moment the opposition have been waiting for, are the brave enough to go for it?
No confidence in the government vote was queued up for the day after the vote on May's deal.
If DUP give strong indications that they would vote against the government before her deal vote (if she keeps delaying that) then that no confidence vote could be soon, if not then we have to wait for May to bring her deal back to Parliament.

as for weeks, the best thing for the opposition to do is to do absolutely nothing. the tories are doing a great job at imploding and Corbyn wants at GE, so is waiting patiently.

as for weeks, the best thing for the opposition to do is to do absolutely nothing. the tories are doing a great job at imploding and Corbyn wants at GE, so is waiting patiently.

Indeed. Labour’s real troubles would start if Corbyn/McDonnell/Abbott had to actually do Ora deliver anything. These no-marks are hoping they will have won a general election before most people wake up to their utter inadequacy.

Indeed. Labour’s real troubles would start if Corbyn/McDonnell/Abbott had to actually do Ora deliver anything. These no-marks are hoping they will have won a general election before most people wake up to their utter inadequacy.
Since Theresa May called a General Election 3 years early despite her party having recently introduced fixed term Parliaments - if you compare manifestos, election campaigns, and then conduct and policy over the 18 months that have followed 'most people' will not be fearing media claims that Labour would be inefficient and shambolic because we are living through the most extreme versions of that with the Tories.
Cameron used that mantra of vote for be to avoid the chaos of Miliband and May used vote for meto avoid the chaos of Corbyn. All we got was the chaos of Cameron and May. That.....project fear....doesn't wash when the thing you warn against is actually happening here and now with the current lot.

The DUP are key here, sadly. If she wins them over (somehow, and let’s face it these are not folks who can spell ‘compromise’) then it will be very hard for the extremists in her party to credibly justify not voting for her compromise exit deal.

Fingers crossed Labour call and lose a confidence vote in the government too. She needs to get this thing through, somehow, then let someone else take the reins.

She can't win them over unless the EU drop the backstop that Theresa May negotiated. She made promises to the DUP, and broke them as she gave too much ground to the EU. She didn't back the DUP, they won't be backing her.

The Tories still have Corbyn and Abbott to ensure their victory.

Genuine question,

Do you really think that the right wing / centre right DUP will really get into bed with Labour? in order to oust the Conservatives? Especially with the Sin Fein loving Corbyn at the helm?

Personally, I can't see it happening, but what do i know,

i agree with some labour policies (which are clearly laid out in their manafesto), compared to the tories (where they're not/reversed). in particular, labour have been clear about what
The Tories still have Corbyn and Abbott to ensure their victory.
You reckon? Corbyn approval is high
https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politic...s/politics/politicians-political-figures/all)
and that's with a low profile strategy for the last 6 months

Genuine question,

Do you really think that the right wing / centre right DUP will really get into bed with Labour? in order to oust the Conservatives? Especially with the Sin Fein loving Corbyn at the helm?

Personally, I can't see it happening, but what do i know,
The border seemingly trumps everything else for DUP.

It should be remembered that they do what they do and have been happily existing without significant power in the UK Parliament. She went to them not the other way around. When they signed up with her they seemingly gave nothing away. What they need to give away now to keep backing her is too much to ask.

Nigel Dodds said two days ago that they have no fear about what would come with a Labour government and that on current policy Labour are more Unionist than the Tories.

If the DUP are being truthful then they genuinely are prepared to vote down this government.

The border seemingly trumps everything else for DUP.

It should be remembered that they do what they do and have been happily existing without significant power in the UK Parliament. She went to them not the other way around. When they signed up with her they seemingly gave nothing away. What they need to give away now to keep backing her is too much to ask.

Nigel Dodds said two days ago that they have no fear about what would come with a Labour government and that on current policy Labour are more Unionist than the Tories.

If the DUP are being truthful then they genuinely are prepared to vote down this government.

Thanks for that, I honestly didn't know half of that stuff.

Thatcher won her no confidence vote and then quit 2 days later. Rees-Mogg would probably see that as a standard being set.

Again didn't know that either, how much did she win by? I vaguely remember her quiting as i was just a kid then, and it seemed to come as a surprise to the nation.

I suppose everything is possible in politics.

Theresa May had it in the bag, as expected.

She won it by 200 in favour to 117 against.

It's interesting watching the news programs and the different interpretations.

Peston just said 'it was 200 for May and 117 for no-one'. That's actually quite valid - the 117 chose to vote for a void, the complete unknown rather than the 'safety' of Theresa May.

I liked this reading of the stats too:

117 Tory MPs do not have confidence in the PM. That means there are over 400 MPs (Labour, SNP, Plaid, Green, the 117) in the Commons who do not have confidence in the PM.
- Charlie Falconer

An interesting and truthful way of putting it.

Just googled Jeremy Corbyn (according to Wiki)

Corbyn lost a no vote of confidence by 172 against to 40 in favour in 2016. He seems to be still hanging on in there. So you never know.

Thanks for that, I honestly didn't know half of that stuff.
This has been going on for so long with so many false flags that there is info that we are all missing. One of the reasons is we get fed details on what seems to be about to happen - then something else (or usually nothing) happens and you lose track.

Essentially May is totally reliant on DUP and they are not reliant on her. They will take the cash for their region because they would be stupid not too, but their red lines seem a lot more real.

Back