• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What exactly are you quoting? I saw the interview and he actually said that no election was a foregone conclusion and that Labour would need to fight for every vote in the two by-elections

Even if he had said what you thought you heard how can you be annoyed about an MP saying they will win an election at the point where the PM is withholding information from Parliament that directly effects national security?

Some perspective please.

Blair revealed national security details...WOMD ..telling us Joe public Saddam could launch and we are all in danger,yet it was a fib,big fat lie.

I have picked up on 2 things:
1. Prime Minister's job is not to withhold information on national security from Parliament
2. Stoke / Newington is a joke you have lifted from elsewhere

1.Some things aren't revealed to certain cabinet ministers let alone the rest of Parliament. Do really not know that. Many MP's don't have the same security clearance as people in the services. That's Why Cyril Smith was never allowed to be higher than he was......They knew he was a wrong'un so could be not trusted with certain info.

2.Good to see you were paying attention to UKIP and their campaign for the Stoke by-election.

1.Some things aren't revealed to certain cabinet ministers let alone the rest of Parliament. Do really not know that. Many MP's don't have the same security clearance as people in the services. That's Why Cyril Smith was never allowed to be higher than he was......They knew he was a wrong'un so could be not trusted with certain info.

2.Good to see you were paying attention to UKIP and their campaign for the Stoke by-election.

Blimey and I thought it was because he was an alleged paedo,

UTS

I agree with you Tangled Labour will win in Stoke.......Stoke Newington that is.

Ha! Your new, ( and not so) great leader and prospective Parliamentary candidate in Stoke -on-Trent has already cracked that one.

FWIW,I agree that Stoke Newington will remain a safe Labour seat at the next G/E.

Ps.How about that tenner bet? Not interested?

Last edited:

This makes no sense. I have no idea why an arch conspiracy theorist would happily brush a real conspiracy under the carpet.

Parliament voted on Trident renewal without being told that a Trident missile aimed at Africa had ended up in America.

If this information was deliberately withheld for 'security' reasons then why are we being told now? The information being available now would therefore be a security breach.

And once this information is available why would the PM go on national TV and be allowed to be asked questions on it and refuse to answer.

This is a massive **** up whichever way you want to view it.

This makes no sense. I have no idea why an arch conspiracy theorist would happily brush a real conspiracy under the carpet.

Parliament voted on Trident renewal without being told that a Trident missile aimed at Africa had ended up in America.

If this information was deliberately withheld for 'security' reasons then why are we being told now? The information being available now would therefore be a security breach.

And once this information is available why would the PM go on national TV and be allowed to be asked questions on it and refuse to answer.

This is a massive **** up whichever way you want to view it.

While I agree, I don't think it would have swung the Trident vote last summer.

I take it you did not see John McDonnell doing the same earlier in the show....Its called being a politician. Its the reason Trump is president.

Emily Thonberry was even worse on QT. I'm convinced your one of her staff, as you swings every question round to May bashing. Even Dimbleby mocked her subject avoidance. Corbyn Abbot and Thornberry will all be gone within days of the Stoke defeat.

To be fair, although fairly abject, Emily Thornberry did not get a chance to answer any questions on QT without Dimbleby interrupting and insulting her - whilst Grayling and Morgan were given free-rein

Lifted from the Guardians live feed;

Number 10 says Theresa May was aware of the problem with the Trident missile test when she urged MPs to back Trident renewal last summer. This is the question that May refused to answer four times when she was interviewed by Andrew Marr yesterday. This morning her spokeswoman said that the test took place under the previous prime minister, David Cameron. But when May took office she was briefed on a range of nuclear issues, including this one, the spokeswoman said.
The spokeswoman said that overall the test was a successful. She refused to comment in detail on what happened during the test, and she did not specifically deny the Sunday Times claim that the missile went off in the wrong direction, but she did suggest that the Sunday Times story was misleading and she said that overall the nuclear missile test was a success. She said the effectiveness of the Trident missile system was “unquestionable”.

Lifted from the Guardians live feed;

Number 10 says Theresa May was aware of the problem with the Trident missile test when she urged MPs to back Trident renewal last summer. This is the question that May refused to answer four times when she was interviewed by Andrew Marr yesterday. This morning her spokeswoman said that the test took place under the previous prime minister, David Cameron. But when May took office she was briefed on a range of nuclear issues, including this one, the spokeswoman said.
The spokeswoman said that overall the test was a successful. She refused to comment in detail on what happened during the test, and she did not specifically deny the Sunday Times claim that the missile went off in the wrong direction, but she did suggest that the Sunday Times story was misleading and she said that overall the nuclear missile test was a success. She said the effectiveness of the Trident missile system was “unquestionable”.
they have to clarify this in Parliament now and stop giving out as little info as they think they can get away with (in the case of May just pretending Marr hadn't ask the question (4 times)).

they have to clarify this in Parliament now and stop giving out as little info as they think they can get away with (in the case of May just pretending Marr hadn't ask the question (4 times)).

I believe that it is being raised in Commons this afternoon, as it certainly looks like a cover up.

Trident is highly expensive..with upkeep 100 billion or thereabouts....30,000 people rely on this madness to keep their jobs(30,000 really?).

We have nukes,why do we need more?

The whole nuke debate across the world is bizarre...country launches their missiles,why can't it be shot down?

Bit like when the government scrapped our last aircraft carrier...why not refit it?...too cheap and zero jobs for the boys.

There has been 157 tests of trident and 8 where there was problems. 6 of those problems predate the 1990's, therefore the failure rate is 3.7%. That makes trident the safest missle system in the world. So with that in mind she could have buried Marr with those facts which are in the public domain. Not answering the simple question made her look very stupid and she has scored a massive own goal.

Back