• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

This will come to bite them on the bum in the future. Dropping your own support is a death sentence in politics.

The Tories know they can take the wee simply because the LP are so messed up nobody will vote for them.

certainly a strange thing to do - not putting a candidate up in Richmond made sense in some ways but letting it be known you are down grading the election effort a second time just looks like support for UKIP

Yeah, this might and it is a very big might, give UKIP a fighting chance. I think Labour need to keep JC clear of Stoke, send moderate MP's to fight the cause and stick to a party message. I think an appearence by JC will hinder rather than help. This is just me talking.

certainly a strange thing to do - not putting a candidate up in Richmond made sense in some ways but letting it be known you are down grading the election effort a second time just looks like support for UKIP

I presume the tories are still fielding a candidate which will still split the vote in favour of labour. I would agree with you if they weren't putting anyone up, but they are.

Yeah, this might and it is a very big might, give UKIP a fighting chance. I think Labour need to keep JC clear of Stoke, send moderate MP's to fight the cause and stick to a party message. I think an appearence by JC will hinder rather than help. This is just me talking.

If they believe in what they say then the leader of the party has to go and be seen (I think he will)
Anything else looks like weakness.

If they believe in what they say then the leader of the party has to go and be seen (I think he will)
Anything else looks like weakness.
JC galvanises supporters so him being there early will enthuse party members to get out there and do the donkey work. If necessary he can be less visible later on to appease those who believe the Murdoch media interpretation of him.

JC galvanises supporters so him being there early will enthuse party members to get out there and do the donkey work. If necessary he can be less visible later on to appease those who believe the Murdoch media interpretation of him.

Blaming the Murdoch media is clutching at straws.

Jezza has been filmed on several occasions acting like a little lost boy without his entourage ,trying desperately to open doors which are locked to escape media questions....it looks pathetic.

Jezza has been filmed on several occasions acting like a little lost boy without his entourage ,trying desperately to open doors which are locked to escape media questions....it looks pathetic.
watch his performance on Marr and compare it to May's, watch his performance at PMQs every week, don't rely on cliches you read somewhere. No entourage needed.

not just Murdoch media either, the BBC have admitted bias throug their internal investigation - but you may not have read about that....in the Murdoch press!

not just Murdoch media either, the BBC have admitted bias throug their internal investigation - but you may not have read about that....in the Murdoch press!

I certainly haven't read about that in the Murdoch press.... probably because I don't generally read the Murdoch press but can we please try and keep on topic here: this is a thread about Theresa May's failings (and, on the off chance she were to actually stumble upon one, successes). Can we keep discussions of Jeremy Corbyn's many leadership failings (and you and Barna's denials) to an appropriate thread please.

To get us back on topic, how about discussing Theresa May's decision to, at the tax-payer's expense, appeal the High Court's Article 50 ruling? Why didn't she just publish legislation back when the High Court originally found against her Government?

I think this (Stoke) is a seat you simply can't lose, especially to UKIP. You need your party leader out there visible, walking down the high street, kissing babies etc. Not sure what you mean about him becoming less visible later? What, do you intend sending John Mann or Gisela Stuart as they may appeal more - No, Corbyn has to be in Stoke at least the same amount of time that he spends in Copeland.

I certainly haven't read about that in the Murdoch press.... probably because I don't generally read the Murdoch press but can we please try and keep on topic here: this is a thread about Theresa May's failings (and, on the off chance she were to actually stumble upon one, successes). Can we keep discussions of Jeremy Corbyn's many leadership failings (and you and Barna's denials) to an appropriate thread please.

To get us back on topic, how about discussing Theresa May's decision to, at the tax-payer's expense, appeal the High Court's Article 50 ruling? Why didn't she just publish legislation back when the High Court originally found against her Government?

Just read - sorry, you're quite right, wrong thread.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38779669

Weren't millions of Turks supposed to be coming to the UK unless we voted Leave? Wait a minute.:facepalm:

You're confused again.

I think what you should be taking from this article is that it's apparently possible to quickly conclude significant trade deals with countries even when one of them is not a EU member. Incredible, eh? Who would've thought it?

So now we see what Brexit, according to May, really means. Starting with the arse licking visit to those nice people in Bahrain last November, no doubt searching for more arms trade deals. May then, with indecent haste (before he's hardly got his feet under the desk), goes to the US to meet nice President Trump to rekindle our 'special relationship' and without haste invites him back. Not content with that, off she goes to see that nice Mr Erdogan, who's getting a bit fed up with democracy.......not to worry, more deals to be made. So, May's Brexit is, in effect, prostituting yourself around the globe, obtaining deals with all the pariahs of the world, with whom others would prefer not to trade with.
I think she's made a huge error of judgement inviting Trump to the UK before we've seen the real colour of his administration..............the opening week has been frightening enough. However, I don't think I agree with Corbyn or Farron that the visit should be cancelled......the damage has been done and trying to reverse it could now be very counter productive. I hope that May will be embarrassed (Trump I don't think can be) by the enormous demonstrations which will undoubtedly take place when he arrives.
Of course, all of these events are being viewed by European leaders this side of the Channel and I don't think it's going down well. I understand a number on here don't give a damn about European leaders views but it is just as well to remember that negociations will be opening with these people in a very short time. I don't suppose that worries May and her government, they've got all those nice new friends to talk and deal with. For the first time in my life I'm starting to feel shame about being British

So now we see what Brexit, according to May, really means. Starting with the arse licking visit to those nice people in Bahrain last November, no doubt searching for more arms trade deals. May then, with indecent haste (before he's hardly got his feet under the desk), goes to the US to meet nice President Trump to rekindle our 'special relationship' and without haste invites him back. Not content with that, off she goes to see that nice Mr Erdogan, who's getting a bit fed up with democracy.......not to worry, more deals to be made. So, May's Brexit is, in effect, prostituting yourself around the globe, obtaining deals with all the pariahs of the world, with whom others would prefer not to trade with.
I think she's made a huge error of judgement inviting Trump to the UK before we've seen the real colour of his administration..............the opening week has been frightening enough. However, I don't think I agree with Corbyn or Farron that the visit should be cancelled......the damage has been done and trying to reverse it could now be very counter productive. I hope that May will be embarrassed (Trump I don't think can be) by the enormous demonstrations which will undoubtedly take place when he arrives.
Of course, all of these events are being viewed by European leaders this side of the Channel and I don't think it's going down well. I understand a number on here don't give a damn about European leaders views but it is just as well to remember that negociations will be opening with these people in a very short time. I don't suppose that worries May and her government, they've got all those nice new friends to talk and deal with. For the first time in my life I'm startring to feel shame about being British

Never mind, I read posts like this and I'm ashamed your British. You must be feel rather comfortable living with all those cheese eating surrender monkey's. :winking:

Back