• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Things kids will never believe

'Next' didn't open at 5.30am on Boxing Day. Adverts for big shop sales and holidays didn't start until after Xmas. You hadn't seen the big film on Xmas Day before Xmas.

Gay meant cheerful, cheery, merry, jolly, light-hearted.
You had to be 21 to go in a pub.

Five pints of lager for £1 in the Carlton , remember when lager went up from 17 pence a pint to 23 pence a pint , everyone said they were not going to drink again .

Power cuts and sugar/bread shortages in the 70s. Mum made her own bread. It was awful but Dad made us promise never to complain.

Virtually nobody had heard of the Falkland Islands in 1981. By the way read the account of the logistics of the Vulcan bombing raid (which in itself largely failed the objective). It's an incredible story.

I was going to post my own favourite that kids won't believe how fantastic our country will be post Brexit but as that impacts adults too I won't do it. :hilarious:

Back