• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Things that have impressed you today

steveo

mine to stay the same please
An opposite thread for the thing that are hacking you off today. Bought a watch via Amazon a couple of weeks ago. Although apparently water resistant up to 100 metres, it misted up after a swim in a 1.5m pool and the chronos stopped working. Was expecting a drawn out returning process but was pleasantly surprised how easy it was through the website. Also, unbeknown to me, they have Amazon drop boxes in a number of shops so a trip to Co-Op Rayleigh, scan the return label, a locker door opens. Bung it in an shut the door. Hopefully refund will appear in a few days. Good work amazon.

Car broke down today 50 miles from home (cracked sump I fear). Lady in Contin filling station helpful and friendly, no problem for my wife to use loo while we waited, not fussed by oil on her forecourt, just wanted us to let her know when we left so she could put granules down. Britannia Rescue call centre lady quick and efficient. Recovery driver pleasant chatty and efficient, came within the predicted 60 minutes. Nice to do the drive back home from a nice high vantage point with time to admire the views.

Could all have been a nightmare, but nice people doing their job well avoided that.

Those massive Yorkie buttons are only a quid a bag in Iceland. Good Friday afternoon fodder for the team.

1) My new local swimming pool.
2) The sheer hardness of my daughter who shows no fear in the face of older children who cry when they as much stick a toe in the water.
3) The fact she tried to swim herself.

Good girl, must be mummy's genes them bits!

Not today but recently.

We bought a trampoline for my son's 5th birthday. The day before his birthday was the day that the gardener was coming to do some building work to the patio etc, and he offered to build it for us. Two of his team spent the whole day building it.

However, after they had gone home I noticed that the enclosure net was not fitted correctly, and it turned it out is was broken. Some of the straps that hold the enclosure to the actual trampoline were missing. Either the workmen had broken them, or the enclosure was delivered faulty.

Either way, I rang the manufacturer, and explained. They asked me to supply the batch number over the phone, and then gave me an incident number to quote in an email. They also asked me to email pictures of the broken part, a picture of the fully completed trampoline, and proof of purchase. I explained that we had no proof of purchase since we bought it over the phone, and it was delivered without even a delivery note. The lady on the phone said a credit card statement would suffice.

The next morning at 8.35 I emailed all the information over, including a screen shot of the credit card statement (minus any account numbers etc). At 9.37 I received an email not only agreeing to replace the faulty part, but also pointing out that I had made a mistake in the build, and how I should fix it.

I was also advised that the faulty part was out of stock, but one had been ordered for me and would arrive in the next few weeks. I was also given an order number to quote in future.

After about 2.5 weeks I rang back to ask where the part was. The lady told me it was in the post and gave me a tracking number to use. I plugged that into the parcelforce website to find it really was in transit, and it arrived the next day.

The trampoline was made by Plum. I can't fault their customer services at all. I was really pleased with their response.

Car broke down today 50 miles from home (cracked sump I fear). Lady in Contin filling station helpful and friendly, no problem for my wife to use loo while we waited, not fussed by oil on her forecourt, just wanted us to let her know when we left so she could put granules down. Britannia Rescue call centre lady quick and efficient. Recovery driver pleasant chatty and efficient, came within the predicted 60 minutes. Nice to do the drive back home from a nice high vantage point with time to admire the views.

Could all have been a nightmare, but nice people doing their job well avoided that.

I always reconmend Britainnia Rescue when asked (we don't even work for them but hey ho) you do get a very good service from them.

An opposite thread for the thing that are hacking you off today. Bought a watch via Amazon a couple of weeks ago. Although apparently water resistant up to 100 metres, it misted up after a swim in a 1.5m pool and the chronos stopped working. Was expecting a drawn out returning process but was pleasantly surprised how easy it was through the website. Also, unbeknown to me, they have Amazon drop boxes in a number of shops so a trip to Co-Op Rayleigh, scan the return label, a locker door opens. Bung it in an shut the door. Hopefully refund will appear in a few days. Good work amazon.

It's a good job you weren't scuba diving.

I am quite impressed with the job I did boarding out my loft.

Countersunk screw holes and no gaps between sheets of boarding.

It's like Roller City up there.

I am quite impressed with the job I did boarding out my loft.

Countersunk screw holes and no gaps between sheets of boarding.

It's like Roller City up there.

Web Cam from the Eaves of Mad Cyril

roller_skating_train_thumb.jpg

The Irish guy in my office, balding aged about 36 has been banging the girl in HR, whose 24yrs old and fit.

Sold out and raised over £40 at work for the MacMillan Biggest Coffee Morning between myself and a colleague. Quite a turnaround from last time we tried to raise money through cakes at work when we ended up taking over half of them home!

I always recommend Britainnia Rescue when asked (we don't even work for them but hey ho) you do get a very good service from them.

Never had a complaint about the service in the 20-odd years I've been a member (Via CSMA). Interestingly our recovery driver today said he uses them for his car too.

Back